NPD and new pedalboard shot.

duncan

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
Yeah it is. Still smaller than the delaylab though (vox is taller, I've read)

They're basically the same size, I've had both on my board recently. And both are big! Much like the DL-4, within a half inch I think.

I winder if companies have ever decided to make a smaller delay pedal, but then have a separate, simple, footswitchable controller. So you have your main delay, maybe about the size of a TC Nova/Repeater with the main controls. Then you have a separate controller that you can put anywhere, on your board, off, whatever your needs are. You could have 4-5 memory banks, tap tempo, switchable modulation, etc. It could even be a narrow controller, like 24" wide (same size as a PT2 for example) but then have it just be 1" deep, so it doesn't take up much room, or could be placed right in front of a PT2 or something similar. You could even have different size controllers as optional choices.

As it stands, the DelayLab and x4 take up 25% of your board space on a PT2. They are 12" wide, about 4-5" deep, plus the cables mount on the back, so add another inch. This isn't all that convenient to be honest, for a lot of people. To me, this is where the future of digital delays should go. Main controller, with plenty of options (the DelayLab is awesome otherwise), and a separate controller for maximum flexibility. My 2 cents this morning.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
Yeah it is. Still smaller than the delaylab though (vox is taller, I've read)

They're basically the same size, I've had both on my board recently. And both are big! Much like the DL-4, within a half inch I think.

I winder if companies have ever decided to make a smaller delay pedal, but then have a separate, simple, footswitchable controller. So you have your main delay, maybe about the size of a TC Nova/Repeater with the main controls. Then you have a separate controller that you can put anywhere, on your board, off, whatever your needs are. You could have 4-5 memory banks, tap tempo, switchable modulation, etc. It could even be a narrow controller, like 24" wide (same size as a PT2 for example) but then have it just be 1" deep, so it doesn't take up much room, or could be placed right in front of a PT2 or something similar. You could even have different size controllers as optional choices.

As it stands, the DelayLab and x4 take up 25% of your board space on a PT2. They are 12" wide, about 4-5" deep, plus the cables mount on the back, so add another inch. This isn't all that convenient to be honest, for a lot of people. To me, this is where the future of digital delays should go. Main controller, with plenty of options (the DelayLab is awesome otherwise), and a separate controller for maximum flexibility. My 2 cents this morning.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by IRG View Post

I'd love to have a pedal that looked like this (crappy photoshop incoming):

DL1.jpg

If you plugged a dual latching footswitch into the Bank jack with a TRS cable (or you could have a Y cable running to two separate latching footswitches), you could have access to the two extra banks.

Or if you plugged an non-latching footswitch into the tap temp, then both buttons on the pedal become preset banks, plus the two you could gain from the Bank jacks.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by turnstylepoet View Post
HNPD! That Klone looks great.

Are you still happy with the x4? I am thinking about picking one up.
I am. It does everything I need it to!!

That said, had there been both the X4 and the Delaylab in the shop at the same time. I'd probably have the delaylab. Just more functionality. Mode 7-esque tones, more looper functionality, etc.

But all in all, I don't need that extra stuff. It's just nice to have it there if need be. The X4 rules though. Sounds great. Feels like its built well, has all the tones I need.

Archived