The most impressive thing about the forums is...

ben_allison

Quote Originally Posted by Lanefair

View Post

Surely the most impressive thing is all the {censored} Phil deals with.

Which unfortunately, includes the site performance stuff. I'm probably more affected by it than most people are, but believe me, I know it sucks for everyone.

Long-term solutions are being worked on, and should be here soon. I'm not sure how much detail I'm allowed to go into at the moment, but obviously something has to change, and we're well aware of that fact, as are the corporate folks.

View Post

Which unfortunately, includes the site performance stuff. I'm probably more affected by it than most people are, but believe me, I know it sucks for everyone.

Long-term solutions are being worked on, and should be here soon. I'm not sure how much detail I'm allowed to go into at the moment, but obviously something has to change, and we're well aware of that fact, as are the corporate folks.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

Just shoot me Bain Capital's number and I'll give them a cheerful earful so you don't have to put up with it...and I'll tell them you're a total saint and that they should pay you more. What could possibly go wrong? thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

Just shoot me Bain Capital's number and I'll give them a cheerful earful so you don't have to put up with it...and I'll tell them you're a total saint and that they should pay you more. What could possibly go wrong? thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

I can imagine site performance has sapped a lot of the joy out of wielding the ban hammer.

• Members

View Post

I can imagine site performance has sapped a lot of the joy out of wielding the ban hammer.

• Members

View Post

I'm sure Phil doesn't lay at home awake at night thinking "oh {censored}, they haven't figured out why the forum is slow even though the guys on it who are network guys told them."

Just saying.

He's got a real job. God bless him.

• Members

View Post

I'm sure Phil doesn't lay at home awake at night thinking "oh {censored}, they haven't figured out why the forum is slow even though the guys on it who are network guys told them."

Just saying.

• Members

View Post

Just saying.

• Members

View Post

Just saying.

• Members

You start running into server problems when the database gets too big. My site is nowhere near this large and we've started archiving a lot of the old stuff to try and avoid running into SQL issues. Even while the archive process is running, it's already faster than it had been. Now if we can just get around the updates breaking other stuff we've tied in and the skins we've built.

• Members

You start running into server problems when the database gets too big. My site is nowhere near this large and we've started archiving a lot of the old stuff to try and avoid running into SQL issues. Even while the archive process is running, it's already faster than it had been. Now if we can just get around the updates breaking other stuff we've tied in and the skins we've built.

Archived