NPD: RE-20 Space Echo

ben_allison

• Members
space_echo.jpg

It's smiling at me!

It's exactly what I hoped for. The tone of the repeats, the "taper" of the feedback, the balance betwee clarity and smear, the inherent modulation that's present but not too strong... pure love.

love.gif

So far, my "delay to beat" has been the DM2 (in fact, the Line 6 model of it, believe it or not, and yes that's compared to the DMM, Memory Lane, ML Jr, Timeline, SupaPuss, Boost DLA, Timefactor, Nova Delay, Headrush, and like a million others that I've either owned or demoed). But this is tops for me now! What's it been... a 13 year search? I started the hunt for my ideal delay when I was a teenager, and I'll be 31 in March. Here's hoping the search is over!

P.S. It took me like 29 attempts to actually start this thread.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jenesis

View Post

Space Echo and Silver Kiss?

BONAR

love.gif

Silverkiss Mk2 is my favourite dirt, period.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanjordan

View Post

Fixed?

The Space Ecoh is after the Silverkiss. I use a MusicomLab EFX 2 for loop switching. All my dirts come before delays/verbs/modulation.

How much of an idiot do you think I am?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenesis

View Post

Either or.

How does the Space Echo compare to the M5 model?

It doesn't. The Multi-Tap on the M* sounds like a cheap toy. Really plasticy and bad. The Analog Delay, however, sounds amazing, and is actually somewhat similar to the Space Echo. But the RE-20 is great.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison

View Post

The problem is that it'll take 50 yearz until one pops up locally. You'd think, given all the music in Toronto, gear would be easy to come by. Noap.

man, i just picked one up on kijiji like a month or two ago. there were 3 on there for $180-200. toronto has it pretty good as far as gear goes in canada.

Archived