Strat BODY + Tele Neck/Headstock = ??? anyone have one?

Johansolo

• Members

whilst cleaning out the shed, i found an old forgotten strat(samick) body.
my friend has a vintage modified squier tele neck hes willing to donate to ne,

im still trying to wrap my head around this abomination...

im also thinking...since i already have the other boring guitar food groups(strat,tele,PRS,LP) i should put a some random pickups...the body is swimming pool route so i guess i cna just get a cheap loaded pickguard...
im missing p90s...but im wondering if a set of filtertrons(GFS do a cheap set?) or gold foils?

anyone have a strat/tele abomination ? share pics please...i need inspiration.

• Members

The square heel of the tele neck might be an issue into the strat neck pocket if the pocket is curved.
It is easier to get away with it going the other way, strat neck into tele pocket.

The neck heel contact is easily one of the most impotant aspects to mating the neck to the body.

• Members

The square heel of the tele neck might be an issue into the strat neck pocket if the pocket is curved.
It is easier to get away with it going the other way, strat neck into tele pocket.

The neck heel contact is easily one of the most impotant aspects to mating the neck to the body.

• Members
GreenStrat.jpg

it's different now though, switched it back to a standard SSS, white PG and Black covers and knobs.

I also have a red one with black PG and chrome P/Us, P90 in the neck and HB in the bridge. Maple neck with a tele headstock just like my green one.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by megawzrd View Post

i figured this much...
FWIW the body has been sitting in a shed that gets up to 40Deg Celcius + and has been there over 3 years...so its prob farked anyways...no harm trying...

• Members

Yeah, it depends on the corners of the neck pocket. MIM Fender bodies tend to have a universal route that will accept either strat or tele necks with no problem but I don't know anything about samick stuff. This is how I have a tele neck on an MIM tele deluxe body, though.

Black_Tele.jpg

No headstock in this pic but it's an all rosewood tele neck.

Archived