Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strat BODY + Tele Neck/Headstock = ??? anyone have one?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat BODY + Tele Neck/Headstock = ??? anyone have one?

whilst cleaning out the shed, i found an old forgotten strat(samick) body.

my friend has a vintage modified squier tele neck hes willing to donate to ne,

im still trying to wrap my head around this abomination...

im also thinking...since i already have the other boring guitar food groups(strat,tele,PRS,LP) i should put a some random pickups...the body is swimming pool route so i guess i cna just get a cheap loaded pickguard...

im missing p90s...but im wondering if a set of filtertrons(GFS do a cheap set?) or gold foils?

anyone have a strat/tele abomination ? share pics please...i need inspiration.
    ANARCHY AUDIO AUSTRALIA (Hand wired/assembled Effects from the West Coast of Australia)
    www.anarchyaudioaustralia.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anarch...35159009874965
    http://soundcloud.com/anarchy-audio-australia

J0HanSolo's Youtube Gear Demos
    http://www.youtube.com/user/J0HanSolo?feature=mhsn

Formerly known as HungPhat

PDY: The new forum where pages don't take forever to load.

"With print you substitute an ear for an extra useless eye." MES

Originally Posted by zero=infinity

I have been forced to register after years of lurking. This is truly epic.

I'm from Waukesha, currently living in Milwaukee. Where does this **** live??

I want this to make national news.

Comment

PDY: The new forum where pages don't take forever to load.

"With print you substitute an ear for an extra useless eye." MES

Originally Posted by zero=infinity

I have been forced to register after years of lurking. This is truly epic.

I'm from Waukesha, currently living in Milwaukee. Where does this **** live??

I want this to make national news.

Comment

The square heel of the tele neck might be an issue into the strat neck pocket if the pocket is curved.

It is easier to get away with it going the other way, strat neck into tele pocket.

The neck heel contact is easily one of the most impotant aspects to mating the neck to the body.
        Pickups and Parts For Sale...

WTB BG Pups
        Good deals with Guitarzan1143, diceman1000, narwhal, playdabluze, GibsonVman, TFM53

Comment

The square heel of the tele neck might be an issue into the strat neck pocket if the pocket is curved.

It is easier to get away with it going the other way, strat neck into tele pocket.

The neck heel contact is easily one of the most impotant aspects to mating the neck to the body.
          Pickups and Parts For Sale...

WTB BG Pups
          Good deals with Guitarzan1143, diceman1000, narwhal, playdabluze, GibsonVman, TFM53

Comment

it's different now though, switched it back to a standard SSS, white PG and Black covers and knobs.

I also have a red one with black PG and chrome P/Us, P90 in the neck and HB in the bridge. Maple neck with a tele headstock just like my green one.

Comment

Looks
              He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

both of them were the big fugly 70s strat headstock so I cut them down. I like tele headstocks, I think they look just as good on strat or tele bodies. Granted it's my own variation on a tele.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by megawzrd
                  View Post

i figured this much...

FWIW the body has been sitting in a shed that gets up to 40Deg Celcius + and has been there over 3 years...so its prob farked anyways...no harm trying...
                  ANARCHY AUDIO AUSTRALIA (Hand wired/assembled Effects from the West Coast of Australia)
                  www.anarchyaudioaustralia.com
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anarch...35159009874965
                  http://soundcloud.com/anarchy-audio-australia

J0HanSolo's Youtube Gear Demos
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/J0HanSolo?feature=mhsn

Formerly known as HungPhat

Comment

Yeah, it depends on the corners of the neck pocket. MIM Fender bodies tend to have a universal route that will accept either strat or tele necks with no problem but I don't know anything about samick stuff. This is how I have a tele neck on an MIM tele deluxe body, though.

No headstock in this pic but it's an all rosewood tele neck.
                    www.shoepedals.com

Comment

steve morse guitar!

Also dick swabs suck. a lot.

good deals with: HazeFX

Comment

steve morse guitar!

Also dick swabs suck. a lot.

good deals with: HazeFX

Comment

Working...
                        X