Excited! New Bowie album coming!

nomenclature

• Members

I really hope he's willing to go on tour and comes near me so I can see him, but that new single, I don't know, don't like it on first listen. he does sound a bit frail and is showing his age, I hate it when singers keep going and doing their old material when they're not capable anymore. some times they just need to walk away and leave you wanting more.

• Members

I really hope he's willing to go on tour and comes near me so I can see him, but that new single, I don't know, don't like it on first listen. he does sound a bit frail and is showing his age, I hate it when singers keep going and doing their old material when they're not capable anymore. some times they just need to walk away and leave you wanting more.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nomenclature

View Post

He did go away and leave us wanting more for nearly ten years, having not toured or released anything since then... this is a new song, it's not keeping on with the old stuff. It is an older guy's voice on this song but it sounds great, much better than if he were trying to sound young.

Anyways I like the song. It's lovely and reflective, not what I expected, maybe not an instant classic but suggests that there's some real potential here. Best news all day for sure.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nomenclature

View Post

He did go away and leave us wanting more for nearly ten years, having not toured or released anything since then... this is a new song, it's not keeping on with the old stuff. It is an older guy's voice on this song but it sounds great, much better than if he were trying to sound young.

Anyways I like the song. It's lovely and reflective, not what I expected, maybe not an instant classic but suggests that there's some real potential here. Best news all day for sure.

• Members

This is some kind of concept piece as he usually does. Unfortunately I am not getting what that concept is. That being said, this is still a good tune and I don't know if the "weak old" voice isn't part of the concept. I don't know that he's lost anything. No matter what it's a good tune even if he HAS gotten a little weaker in his old age. David Bowie is awesome.

• Members

This is some kind of concept piece as he usually does. Unfortunately I am not getting what that concept is. That being said, this is still a good tune and I don't know if the "weak old" voice isn't part of the concept. I don't know that he's lost anything. No matter what it's a good tune even if he HAS gotten a little weaker in his old age. David Bowie is awesome.

Archived