Alt. Country

TravvyBear

• Members

Man, I've been hooked on Alt. Country/Americana lately. I've always liked it, but I've really delved into it. Old 97's, Uncle Tupelo, Wilco, Son Volt, Ryan Adams, Neko Case, My Morning Jacket, Early The National, Rhett Miller, Whiskeytown.

Anyone else got some suggestions? Anyone else playing this kinda stuff? What gear are you using?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf2Kie5gIuE

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alt Country is what I love playing most.

Tele/LP - Volume pedal - OD - Vibrato - Delay - 6L6 Fender is my set-up. I use a Yamaha LL6 for acoustic and a homemade lap steel.

I'm on my ipad and don't want to try to source video recommendations....so head on over to TGP. There is a great Alt. Country thread over there. Browse that thread and you'll get a ton of great recommendations.

• Members

Great thread! You might want to check out Sleepercar, the Lusitania (a bit more indie than americana, but definitely an americana feel to it), the Avett Brothers (especially their early stuff), Old Man Markley, Middle Brother, Old Crow Medicine Show. There's more but that's off the top of my head
I've been on a similar kick lately, my gear setup is Fender Tele/Gretsch Pro Jet/Blacktop Jazzmaster into the CB Formula 5 into my Traynor YGL3 Mark III. I'm planning on selling my Les Paul Studio shortly and picking up a Tele 72 Deluxe RI and building a 5E3 for further americana tones. And maybe I'll grab a reverb unit.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly View Post
Great thread! You might want to check out Sleepercar, the Lusitania (a bit more indie than americana, but definitely an americana feel to it), the Avett Brothers (especially their early stuff), Old Man Markley, Middle Brother, Old Crow Medicine Show. There's more but that's off the top of my head
I've been on a similar kick lately, my gear setup is Fender Tele/Gretsch Pro Jet/Blacktop Jazzmaster into the CB Formula 5 into my Traynor YGL3 Mark III. I'm planning on selling my Les Paul Studio shortly and picking up a Tele 72 Deluxe RI and building a 5E3 for further americana tones. And maybe I'll grab a reverb unit.
Sleepercar is great.

I think I tend to stray away from the folkier parts of alt country.

Archived