X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom G3 vs M5/9

For mod sounds.

Which do you guys like more? I don't use a ton of modulation - a little chorus and rotary here and there - so I don't want to get a bunch of pedals to cover the little bit I do use. What I'd like to do is get a multi with a few choice models and have a few presets that I can call up when I need them. Im hoping that either an M5 or G3 can get me there.

What say you, HCFX?
    Originally Posted by MrNixon

Its like a sybian for electric guitars.

Ive had good deals with the following people(your results may vary):
    Djfrank, mibeaulieu, negative theory, bluesthug, chad-ro, Somedayrockstar, jango22, grayeyes777, downer01, Uberthrall, solewheelin, apoxacilin, somestarrynight, The_Snake_King, Soholounge, iamthearm, Jnichols2727

I own an M5 & a G3 and if you are looking strictly at mods, I'd recommend the Zoom over the Line 6.
    Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS/ Fender American Standard Tele>PT PRO: PTD Mini-Bone> VFE Enterprise V.2> Xotic Sp Compressor> MojoHand Rook> Arc Klone V.2> MojoHand Colossus> CMATmods Ratified> Catalinbread DLS MKIII> Timmy> Turbo Tuner> EVH Flanger> Digitech EX-7> Line6 M5> Tech21 Blonde> Zoom G3>> MixerPT2: EVH Phase90> Analogman TS9 Silver> Proco WFRAT RI> Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe> Black Arts Black Forest> TC Nova Drive> Ibanez CS-9> Korg DT-10> Line 6 M5>> Digitech Timebender>> Hardwire RV-7>> Roland JC-160GOOD DEALS!!- mark_5106

Comment

I own an M5 & a G3 and if you are looking strictly at mods, I'd recommend the Zoom over the Line 6.
      Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS/ Fender American Standard Tele>PT PRO: PTD Mini-Bone> VFE Enterprise V.2> Xotic Sp Compressor> MojoHand Rook> Arc Klone V.2> MojoHand Colossus> CMATmods Ratified> Catalinbread DLS MKIII> Timmy> Turbo Tuner> EVH Flanger> Digitech EX-7> Line6 M5> Tech21 Blonde> Zoom G3>> MixerPT2: EVH Phase90> Analogman TS9 Silver> Proco WFRAT RI> Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe> Black Arts Black Forest> TC Nova Drive> Ibanez CS-9> Korg DT-10> Line 6 M5>> Digitech Timebender>> Hardwire RV-7>> Roland JC-160GOOD DEALS!!- mark_5106

Comment

Im getting an m13 to eventually take up the channel switching on my Mark V. If I werent wanting to use midi, I was considering getting a g3 and g3x to run the g3 in the loop and the g3x out front. The price on those is great for what you get.
        http://www.youtube.com/user/primeholy

Originally Posted by decode6

Way to go primeholy, you've just killed Independent George.

Originally Posted by Arpanoid

I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.

Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912

Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

Comment

Im getting an m13 to eventually take up the channel switching on my Mark V. If I werent wanting to use midi, I was considering getting a g3 and g3x to run the g3 in the loop and the g3x out front. The price on those is great for what you get.

I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.

Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by barjv01
            View Post

How is the whammy and fuzz octave on the line6?

Comment

View Post

How is the whammy and fuzz octave on the line6?

Comment

whammy and sub-octave fuzz are pretty good on the m5, I have them as two of my presets.

Comment

whammy and sub-octave fuzz are pretty good on the m5, I have them as two of my presets.

Comment

Haven't played an M5, but I like the chorus and vibe on the G3 a lot.
                    Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

The thing that puts me off the G3 is that Ive played the older Zoom G-xx units and they were terrible. I worked in a shop that sold them and honestly, in a head to head comp the Behringer V-amp sounded better. Im sure the models have been updated ect, but Im a little wary of the brand.

Otoh, I have a POD UX2 that I use as a DI and Im okay with the mods on that, its just not functional on a pedalboard. Im relatively familiar with Line6's sounds and while not spectacular, they are useable. I won't be using amp models or dirt from either unit. Ive more than got that covered with pedals and amps and Ive long since learned my lesson about amp sims and model'd distortion pedals.

Djfrank, mibeaulieu, negative theory, bluesthug, chad-ro, Somedayrockstar, jango22, grayeyes777, downer01, Uberthrall, solewheelin, apoxacilin, somestarrynight, The_Snake_King, Soholounge, iamthearm, Jnichols2727

Comment

IMO, owning and liking both, Zoom Mod>Line 6 Mod. I have never played older Zoom products but from everything I read before purchasing the G3/G5 is apples and oranges to the old stuff. Have you looked at Zoom's multistomp? The size of a boss pedal and you can have up to six effects at once (or just one or two if you wish). I believe Analog mod>Digital mod that's why the zoom is on my small board for direct to mixer applications, but for the price the mods on the G3 are really quite good. Pitch-shifting/harmony etc. are **************** however.

Comment

View Post

IMO, owning and liking both, Zoom Mod>Line 6 Mod. I have never played older Zoom products but from everything I read before purchasing the G3/G5 is apples and oranges to the old stuff. Have you looked at Zoom's multistomp? The size of a boss pedal and you can have up to six effects at once (or just one or two if you wish). I believe Analog mod>Digital mod that's why the zoom is on my small board for direct to mixer applications, but for the price the mods on the G3 are really quite good. Pitch-shifting/harmony etc. are **************** however.

Just googled the multistomp, looks like an option. Cool idea anyway. I run a stereo setup so I'd want to get the MS100 and at that point I'd be spending close to the same money. I think the M5 is off the table, simply because it cant run multiple effects at the same time.

Comment

The Ensemble effect on the G3 is one of the better chorus effects I've used. The reverbs and delays are useable and the trem isn't bad. For the money they go for they're a great Swiss army knife.
                            Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

I thought about the G3, but I have a M9 on the way, because I want the most abrupt crazy noises.

While the G3 looked better at the standard effects, hopefully the M9 has a bunch of crazy synths and twisted sounds.
                              When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion. -Abraham Lincoln

www.wagner3000.com

Traynor YCS-50
                              Schecter C/SH-1
                              Turkey Dang Darn.

Comment

Working...
                              X