NPD w/video

eti

• Members

Just got my Superego and I'm very excited! Lots to discover in this box! Guitar: Ibanez Iceman IC400. Pedals: Morley ABY Mix, Red Panda overdrive prototype, Electro-Harmonix Superego, Red Panda Context reverb, Ibanez PM7 Phase Modulator, Fender Starcaster Chorus. Amp: Orange Crush 15R. Superego is in Auto mode, varying Glide.

New vid:

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by eti View Post
Not the response I was hoping for, but OK.
im just jelleh i didn't get in on the action frown.gif

does the gliss actually work? i couldn't hear much of a difference when you turned the knob, sounded more just like an attack knob. and why are there 2 power supplies going into it? should be something in the Loop, not another power supply! icon_lol.gif

looks like a lot of cool sounds in that thing though, and endless possibilities

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74 View Post
I liked the sounds you made in that video.

Unrelated question: how is that little Orange amp?
Thanks.
It's kind of tinny, but does a decent clean sound if you set it just right.

Quote Originally Posted by macadood View Post
does the gliss actually work? i couldn't hear much of a difference when you turned the knob, sounded more just like an attack knob. and why are there 2 power supplies going into it? should be something in the Loop, not another power supply! icon_lol.gif

looks like a lot of cool sounds in that thing though, and endless possibilities
Jeepers! You didn't hear any diff? Dayum! In the first half it's doubling with a sort of bowed sound. More extreme settings of the glide give it extra wooshiness helped by the phasor.

I'm using the power supply that came with it. The other one is not plugged in. It's my one-spot clone. Not sure yet if I can use it with this pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by renula View Post
I has a superego on the way too . smile.gif

And like always, nice demo tyrone.
Kewl. THX!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwatt Bob View Post
Nice toans!
Thanky kindly!

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven View Post
Needs less noodley noodley and more slip slidey gliss, pls.
I'll keep that in mind. Maybe next vid will be loop of same riff while I adjust knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent'd View Post
I still don't get it....
It's complicated.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by macadood View Post
thumb.gif sounds like a cool horn section.
THX!

however still just kinda sounds like an attack time control to me idn_smilie.gif
There are a few differences:
1) Superego auto mode gives no variable control over attack time of the wet signal. It is close enough though, in this case. Not sure about other modes.
2) Superego decay times can be longer than normal guitar signal. In fact they can be practically infinite, but I didn't think that was natural for a horn sound.
3) A hint of glide seemed to help the character of the sound.

Bill Ruppert, eat your heart out. wink.gif

• Members

:( wish I had my old account. Wish I knew how to

eti wrote:

Just got my Superego and I'm very excited! Lots to discover in this box! Guitar: Ibanez Iceman IC400. Pedals: Morley ABY Mix, Red Panda overdrive prototype, Electro-Harmonix Superego, Red Panda Context reverb, Ibanez PM7 Phase Modulator, Fender Starcaster Chorus. Amp: Orange Crush 15R. Superego is in Auto mode, varying Glide.

New vid:

embed videos.

Archived