problems with a forumite, sadly not an april fools

knobs.

• Members

okay, i think it's time for me to explain my situation.

i feel a bit nervous becouse i can't speak english very well, but i'll try my best.

me and a forumite decided to do a trade, mine was a pedal (very expencive, out of production) and his was a controller, straight trade becouse the items are economically equal so no money or paypal involved.

it takes about 2 weeks for us to decide all the details, becouse i live in europe and he's in america so there's plenty to talk about.

the only thing i really cared of was having a tracking number, he told me it wasnt possible becouse usps doesnt offer any

trackable shipping to europe and ups is far too expencive. so i did some research and found USPS Express Mail International, which is a fairly priced service and offers a trackable shipping. he said it was okay, and i sent him my pedal. i personally wanted my package to arrive to him in the

fastest and safest way possible, so i paid 50 euros, and right after 3 working days the package arrives to him safely.

i give him the tracking code, i don't receive any. the following week he just tells me he's sorry for his delay and package was sent on friday previous week without giving me any other info, besides he's in spring break.

i email him everyday but from that last email, 16 march, i don't hear from him till 26 march.

i finally got an answer, 10 days later, he's sorry again and he tought he already gave me the tracking number, he writes me a 20 numbers pseudo-tracking number, which of course isnt valid, and doesnt work.

i ask him what's going on, if he's got my pedal (which i knew from my tracking number it was received), and i also tell him to please

check the tracking number again, and at this point, taking a picture of the postal receive so i could see it.

he tells me he can only assume the pedal had arrived, cos the address he gave me was his brother's address, and brother didnt tell him anything about receiving any package. and as for the tracking number of his package, he tells me he will double check everything.

since then, couple of days ago, 26march, i havent received any other email from the guy.

so while today i was checking out my emails, hoping for news, i re-read some of the first emails to look at the pictures he sent me.

i check out his foto album, and i see my pedal, in all its glory, pictured the 18march, the day when it arrived.

i also see a pic of the controller i was supposed to get, the photo was taken on 15 march, while on 13 it was supposed to be shipped out.

the forumite is a hall of fame member on this forum, i didnt even think there would have been any problems at all.

this trade is a pretty "big" trade, a little less than 1000$, so i expected some respect and some serious update communication.

i don't think all is lost, i just would like some explainations and some news.

today's bad news is that i can see the guy has internet activity almost everyday, i can see it from his access on his myspace page.

i'm also reading posts from him on the controller's forum which are written recently.

i'm sorry, i can understand this is written very badly and will probably only give you a headache if you bothered reading. it's just that i'm angry about this and not being able to fully express myself gives me even more frustration.

please help me, give me some opinions. and no, sadly it's not an april fool.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thats too bad. hopefully this jerk is just lazy and irresponsible but does actually intend to give you your controller eventually.:)

and try to ignore these jackasses requesting pictures of an agreement to trade equipment. its not funny or appropriate. unfortunately, compulsively posting internet forum catchphrases is the only way they know how to communicate.

good luck.

• Members

i want to solve things peacefully, but i hate that this guy is simply not respecting me.

as for proof, of course i have them, he posted my pedal's pics on his photoalbum, i have tracking number and my postal receive with his address and everything. i have emails, i have everything that i need.

would a scammer post pics on his photoalbum? no, that's the only good news.

i dont know if telling the name of the guy is good or not, or would solve anything, i would like him to explain things.

he has more than 6000 posts and he seemed a good guy to me.

Archived