Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would you want a Tonebender when you can have a Buzzaround?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a 50's neck profile; quite beefy but not excessively so. It's good for me because I have the long hands.

The finish is a super thin layer of nitro, something that attracted me instantly as I can't stand urethane pap on guitars. Larry gives it a polish to bring out the sheen. The stock Fadeds are unpolished and look...faded. I've just had the 2000 Standard Tele stripped of all its heavy lacquer and oiled down to a Charvel finish which is basically what this LP is as well. Larry doesn't really alter the physical profiles; he appreciates this series for what it is (was) - nearly damn perfect. Rather, he goes in and trashes the hardware: bridge becomes Faber, pickups become Manalishis, tuners become Grovers and all pots and electronics are swapped out for PTP mojo parts, as close to original '59 specs as possible. Then he photographs it, films himself playing some Peter Green tunes with it (something I'd never be able to do as I don't know one properly!) and then puts it up for sale. This caught on pretty quickly and the LCPG's ended up being pre-sold well before he could finish them. Now, of course, Gibson have cut off his supply so he's making his own! Heheh. The man's on a serious mission.

What neck profile - is it a 50s or a 60s slim-taper? Did Larry Corsa refinish it too, or is that the stock Gibby finish?

What puzzles me about Gibson sometimes is that when they hit on a killer formula, they change it. They ought to know what they were doing then, and how it differs from what they do now, and go back to what worked better. Maybe some of it is not easily duplicated - a special batch of wood ( oh no he di'int! ) or something. Seriously, I personally think wood can indeed make a very audible difference in the sound of a guitar, and sometimes you just get a good batch of stuff like that (yes, even through 100% fully legal channels). Of course, that top looks pretty aces too, and the finish looks fantastic. I suspect Mr Corsa did it, but whomever did deserves some props. It looks thin and authentically worn.

You're a lucky man. I'm happy for you. And jealous as hell!
    Disclosure: I have mutual agreements with PRS, Smitty Custom Guitars, HIWATT UK, Laney Amplification, Providence, Free The Tone, Lava Cables, Voodoo Lab and several dozen pedal companies whom I've bartered videos-for-pedals with.
    Youtube channels 1 & 2.

Comment

Any chance to do a video with a Strat?

Comment

Any chance to do a video with a Strat?

With the Buzzaround? Sure thing. Give me a couple of days and I'll bang one out.
        Disclosure: I have mutual agreements with PRS, Smitty Custom Guitars, HIWATT UK, Laney Amplification, Providence, Free The Tone, Lava Cables, Voodoo Lab and several dozen pedal companies whom I've bartered videos-for-pedals with.
        Youtube channels 1 & 2.

Comment

Cool

Comment

I have a friend who has been lusting after a Buzzaround, so I will definitely link your video to him. Incidentally, he plays a Strat so he
            "Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
            - Robert Fripp

Comment

Those things definitly sounds great. Personally I think the MK I is more of a fuzz, the Buzzaround sounds fantastic but very much like a distortion...

Thanks for making and posting the vids. And to answer your initial question:
              You can never have enough fuzz, right?
              Originally Posted by echodeluxe

so many things you can do with delays. fatten up your signal, get lots of space, make a small space, kill people.

Good business with: WAWBanks, Poltergeist, Sikor, thom, RadioSilence, Kayzer

Comment

that Klinger stuff looks/sounds great - but every pedal on Burgs cables sounds great - nice Demos Brett
                Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  Thanks for the Kind words.
                  Brett did a great job, as he always does. I'm very proud to have someone like Brett with all his experience to give both the pedals such a big thumbs up.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                    Thanks for the Kind words.
                    Brett did a great job, as he always does. I'm very proud to have someone like Brett with all his experience to give both the pedals such a big thumbs up.

Klinger
                    the Buzzaround sounds really impressive, I love the build and it's really cool that you didn't just use a Hammond box. are you going to have a Canadian distributor or is it a buy direct situation? pricing?
                    great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

Klinger
                      the Buzzaround sounds really impressive, I love the build and it's really cool that you didn't just use a Hammond box. are you going to have a Canadian distributor or is it a buy direct situation? pricing?

What he says and what he asks, except for Europe instead of Canada.
                      And welcome to HCFX!

so many things you can do with delays. fatten up your signal, get lots of space, make a small space, kill people.

Comment

What he says and what he asks, except for Europe instead of Canada.
                        And welcome to HCFX!

If I may...

A mutual friend of Shaun's and mine has put up a page to help out. You'll find it here.
                        Youtube channels 1 & 2.

Comment

Thanks Brett!

Comment

I actually prefer the MKI, but both are amazing.
                            Originally Posted by Zappa74

Beer is like overdrive pedals.

At the volume I play, they're all the same.

Comment

Those things definitly sounds great. Personally I think the MK I is more of a fuzz, the Buzzaround sounds fantastic but very much like a distortion...

Thanks for making and posting the vids. And to answer your initial question:
                              You can never have enough fuzz, right?

Son, you can never have too much fuzz. Write that down so you don't forget it.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

those two pedals sound awesome and also look so cool with the vintage enclosures. Well done. How much are you asking for those pedals if I may ask.

EDIT: nevermind, the price is on the other page.
                                Spam:Selling:Nothing.WTB:Catalinbread Merkin FuzzGibson Maestro FZ-1 or amazing clone

Comment

Working...
                                X