so, how much would you guys say this Fuzz is actually worth? (B-B Buzzaround)

Unfed

:lol:

Look, I have no idea what an original Buzzaround is currently going for, but come on - if you're going to claim it was once owned by a "progressive rock legend" and that it was used on historically significant recordings, you'd best be ready to say who it was and name the tracks, and back it all up with proper providence - or I'm calling bullpucky. :cop::lol:

the seller bought it at a Buy It Now auction for $3000 early this year from a collector in Australia

the paintjob isn't original (but is the correct colour for an early 3 knob Buzzaround)

Thanks. It's obviously VERY over-priced then. Any idea who the prog rocker was?

• Members

Thanks. It's obviously VERY over-priced then. Any idea who the prog rocker was?

there is no prog-rocker - that part of the listing is also bollocks. the seller was incredibly stupid to think that people wouldn't notice him flipping the pedal he bought mere months before. didn't even relist on a different eBay account from the one he bought it on either. high-grade dipstick for sure.

• Members

No doubt the seller is trying to imply it's Fripp's, or given his seller name, that it belonged to David Gilmour. It's not Fripp's given that in the mid '80s he had a box built that contained several different circuit boards taken from fuzzes, one of which was a Burns Buzzaround, and one assumes was his original. I've never heard of Gilmour using one. He seemed to be a dedicated Fuzzface man until he started using Big Muffs.

• Members

No doubt the seller is trying to imply it's Fripp's, or given his seller name, that it belonged to David Gilmour. It's not Fripp's given that in the mid '80s he had a box built that contained several different circuit boards taken from fuzzes, one of which was a Burns Buzzaround, and one assumes was his original.

Fripp had two :)

the original seller in January (http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=280804694063&si=rv7svkMJMDAIKoUyz6XlFu59ZOk%253D&viewitem=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1100) says the pedal was bought in 1970 in Aus. bit strange that it would be sitting around the shop for this long but i've seen photos of two others that were bought new in Australia and read about a third (which may or may not be this one, don't know). it's pretty safe to say that there is no connection with a celebrity guitar player in the UK using this fuzz.

• Members

the other thing about this pedal is that the photos in the auction are exactly the ones in the original auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280804694063

You would think for a pedal where the seller is trying to get a {censored}load of money, he would take about 50 detailed pics, and not just reuse the {censored}ty ones from an auction 3 months ago?

• Members

Anyone feel like unfed might be the seller?

no, fuggnuts, i'm not the seller. it got linked to on another forum complaining about nutty eBay prices, and i figured you guys might know. i know it's probably worth a fair amount, just wanted to see how far out of whack this guy is. a couple guys were saying it's only worth a few hundred. just a curiosity, i have no real interest or stake in vintage pedals.

very interesting to see the original auction, thanks!

• 9 months later...

Archived