Old question, but hand painted Fuzz factory over the Vexter version...

IRG

• Members

From mister zvex himself, with the help of a 20 second google search:

Vexter Fuzz Factory versus US-made Fuzz Factory

Components that are identical:

Jacks, switches, pots, transistors, enclosure, battery clip, battery, circuit board layout, brand of wire, solder, lockwashers, dress washers. The transistors are tested individually at my shop before being put in either version.

Components that are different:

Knobs, brand of resistors (same type though), brand of capacitors.

There has been some concern expressed about a diode being "clipped" out of the circuit on the Vexters. This is because we stopped soldering it into the US-version and had a number of Vexters on hand that needed to be altered to be the same way. This diode is part of the power supply and does not affect the audio. It's to protect the circuit from reverse-polarity power supplies, but we discovered that when used with a high-powered supply it causes more harm than good, and in normal circumstances the circuit will survive a reverse-wired supply without any harm anyway.

• Members

for the newer ones, i own a hand painted and have played a vexter. pretty much couldnt tell any difference. i think there is slight variation between all of them anyway .....

That's pretty much wanted I wanted to hear, and makes sense. I've heard some chatter about being differences, regardless of what the comment that Thom posted - which I do believe to be accurate. All good news. I'd love to have a hand painted one, been looking at some used options too. Will probably go with the Vexter though.

• 4 months later...

Archived