ARC Effects B3 buzzaround demo (Aaron SS content)

• Members

and as always, Aaron does top notch work--check it:

8eb9013a.jpg

that footswitch wiring, I thought I knew how to look at those things and which poles "flip" to which when the switch is pressed, but on my phone that looks weird... ???

• Members

Sounds awesome. Are they really only $165? That's pretty crazy actually. I'm pretty sure guys (myself included) would pay $200 for a nice fuzz even without fancy ass aesthetics.

Nice demo HiwattenthusiastRobert

thanks mang! and yes, it's a killer deal imho.

• Members

Appears there's a resistor (1ohm?) in place of a wire on the switch. Shouldn't make a bit of difference, really.

I suspect it could be because Aaron uses stranded wire and a piece that size at high temp to solder to the switch would probably have its insulation melted off, thus risking a short since its stranded wire. The resistor cant short to the middle lug because it's insulated there.

Just a guess.

• Members

Appears there's a resistor (1ohm?) in place of a wire on the switch. Shouldn't make a bit of difference, really.

I suspect it could be because Aaron uses stranded wire and a piece that size at high temp to solder to the switch would probably have its insulation melted off, thus risking a short since its stranded wire. The resistor cant short to the middle lug because it's insulated there.

Just a guess.

It's a zero ohm resistor (jumper)

• Members

that footswitch wiring, I thought I knew how to look at those things and which poles "flip" to which when the switch is pressed, but on my phone that looks weird... ???

???

Middle pole isn't used. Jack in goes to middle lug of the left pole, top lug of left pole goes to board, bottom lugs of left and right poles are jumpered, middle lug of right pole goes to out jack, top lug of right pole goes to board. When on, top two lugs are connected, when off, bottom two lugs are connected. Standard true bypass wiring. Personally, it's not the way I'd do it (I always ground the in so I don't need pull down resistors) but it's the "standard" way to wire a bypass switch without an LED.

• 8 months later...

Archived