Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARC Effects B3 buzzaround demo (Aaron SS content)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have to see if Aaron can make me a good Klone in a smaller enclosure than he normally does... LOVE the look of his pedals.
    Guitars. Pedals. Amps.
    deals: bradino, neatobassman, Used666, juri, echodeluxe, aporcelainsky, Crxsh, -Andrew-, notjonahbutnoah... and lotz moar

Comment

Appears there's a resistor (1ohm?) in place of a wire on the switch. Shouldn't make a bit of difference, really.
      I suspect it could be because Aaron uses stranded wire and a piece that size at high temp to solder to the switch would probably have its insulation melted off, thus risking a short since its stranded wire. The resistor cant short to the middle lug because it's insulated there.

Just a guess.
      www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Appears there's a resistor (1ohm?) in place of a wire on the switch. Shouldn't make a bit of difference, really.
        I suspect it could be because Aaron uses stranded wire and a piece that size at high temp to solder to the switch would probably have its insulation melted off, thus risking a short since its stranded wire. The resistor cant short to the middle lug because it's insulated there.

Just a guess.

It's a zero ohm resistor (jumper)
        ARC Effects
        ARC Effects On Facebook

List of Positive Transactions

Comment

that footswitch wiring, I thought I knew how to look at those things and which poles "flip" to which when the switch is pressed, but on my phone that looks weird... ???

???

Middle pole isn't used. Jack in goes to middle lug of the left pole, top lug of left pole goes to board, bottom lugs of left and right poles are jumpered, middle lug of right pole goes to out jack, top lug of right pole goes to board. When on, top two lugs are connected, when off, bottom two lugs are connected. Standard true bypass wiring. Personally, it's not the way I'd do it (I always ground the in so I don't need pull down resistors) but it's the "standard" way to wire a bypass switch without an LED.
          Great transactions with: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...&postcount=438

Spam: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...House-Cleaning

Comment

Looks nice. Whats the IC for?
            Originally Posted by six acre lake

Just don't give a **************** and get a three year old to make it look retarded like the Trombetta stuff.

"Handmade Sonic Art" www.paultrombetta.com

PTD On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/PTD-pa...445097?sk=wall

Comment

Interesting pedal, with a strange blend of sugary and brutal.
              Fender-TeleSonic Tele Elite, ProJr, 75Amp, '67 Bassman w/212 cab
              Gretsch- 71 Nashville, 2003 New Nashville
              Gibson- 76 LP '55 model
              BC Rich- 1977 Koa Eagle deluxe
              Martin- 1972 D-35
              Mesa Boogie-Subway Blues w/12" EVM 12L-F cab.
              Assorted fun toys and boxes of joy.
              "Many are cold, few are frozen"

Comment

GMD's demo of the D.a.m. Buzzaround still haunts me. Sigh. Skinpimp is best i could do at 250$ new, its cool cuz its gots 4 knobbies! 165 is cheap but im on iphone cant see vids or pics on LAME FORUM....

Comment

Working...
                X