Lets talk about the Fuzz Factory

Naterel

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't recommend it enough. Believe the hype. It's knocked 3 other fuzzes off my board.

What do you like about it? What made it better than the other three?

Do you use it as a straight forward fuzz or for splattery glitch madness?

• Members

It's a great pedal but it does need a bit of tweaking. There is a list out there that's a good place to start. Volume and gain interact a lot with each other so be careful if you find your fuzz too weedy or gainy. I have the vexter and I reckon the green one sounds a bit smoother.

Great, great pedal and especially awesome in the studio. We just recorded some insane sounds for a spanish rock band. Really the swiss army knife of the fuzz world.

• Members

I got rid of my FF for a fuzz probe but I've fallen out with the probe. I'd happily take another FF if the price was right. Great fuzz, you can get some awesome normal sounds out of it and then of course there are the stupid sounds too.

• Members

I love mine. I'm no expert on fuzz or even pedals in general, but my Fuzz Factory has been the most fun pedal i've bought.

Apart from using it like a normal fuzz its also been useful for recording background textures for tracks by getting the thing to squeal, then adding loads of delay, reverb, whatever.

I found one day it was picking up some nutbag religious radio station (i've no idea where from) and so recorded that and used it too. Its kinda weird having tiny voices talking about satan coming out of a pedal :lol:

• Members

I got rid of my FF for a fuzz probe but I've fallen out with the probe. I'd happily take another FF if the price was right. Great fuzz, you can get some awesome normal sounds out of it and then of course there are the stupid sounds too.

What is the difference between the two circuits? (aside from the pad).

• Members

Timely thread. I just bought a FF off of ebay last night for $119, seems like a good deal (Vexter version, which is fine with me). I wanted a germanium fuzz, and wanted something different that would be a good complement with my Pharaoh. Can't wait to get it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RoboPimp View Post
its a nice fuzz, don't pay retail - extremely simple DIY project for any one of those "DIY" guys who sell {censored} in the "DIY" thread
ya. Though it is a damn good fuzz. I made mine using AC128s and it sounds really good.

I had a wolf CPU clone on my board but took it off for the time being. The CPU is good for glitch and other stuff but the FF has a really good, heavy tone that makes it a great fuzz (I'd even say distortion pedal almost). Knobs add a lot of flavor options.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Timely thread. I just bought a FF off of ebay last night for $119, seems like a good deal (Vexter version, which is fine with me). I wanted a germanium fuzz, and wanted something different that would be a good complement with my Pharaoh. Can't wait to get it.

congrats Ian - thats a good deal imo!

Archived