Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk about the Fuzz Factory

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when the fuzz factory in michigan closed down it put a lot of good people out of work.

Comment

The "thin" aspect has been mentioned alot; usually DIYers complain about it and remedy the issue by adding larger value caps. I usually just use my neck or middle position (using an LP) when I want more girth
      Decolonize

Comment

Dave brought his by Saturday and I got to play through it, it was a Vexter and I've played through a hand painted one years back and it sounded like I remembered it. It's a cool sound, but he had a Demo Tape fuzz as well that I thought sounded leagues better. Just my opinion though breauuuu
        Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Had a hand painted one. Great fun but didn't work with the band. Sold it. Built a clone. Great fun but doesn't work with the band. It sounds totally different. I am a single coil man nowadays though...
          Selling:

Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.
          EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted
          Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.
          Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted

Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .

Comment

I have had two Vexters. One I got new and always fought with, so I sold it. One I got used and love the sound of.
            Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

i could go on about it, but essentially, i highly highly recommend it. it's probably my favourite pedal thing ever (with the particle coming close, now)

however:

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven
              View Post

Dave brought his by Saturday and I got to play through it, it was a Vexter and I've played through a hand painted one years back and it sounded like I remembered it. It's a cool sound, but he had a Demo Tape fuzz as well that I thought sounded leagues better. Just my opinion though breauuuu

it does depend on what you want it for. for a straight ahead fuzz tone, the demo tape fuzz is incredible. but if you want weirdness/nastiness/greatness, the FF is hard to beat.
              dbsanchez.com
              soundcloud.com/nonlocality
              nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

personally like the mammoth more.
                Toyroom Effects
                Buy My Spam!

All i wanted was a Pepsi..

Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX

Your Super Crazy Greeny! Like Super Crazy...... Super Crazy. Super Crazy SUper Crazy...... Greeny23 I love how you are so super cool at this Forum YOUR SUPER COOL ... WE NEED TO FIND OUT MORE ON THESE TOXIC PEDALS... I almost bought one. I AM SO PISSED!

Comment

Had both a Myrold hand-painted and a Vexter, and sold them long ago. Didn't notice a difference in sound between them, but neither really worked for me. In my experience, they're way too volatile from session to session, and even at tamer settings, they pack easily as much gain and compression as a maxed out Fuzz Face. They're great if you're looking for a balls-out noise box - hell, practically the industry standard - but they're too unreliable and gimmicky for regular use.
                  I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

It really depends: do you want to fiddle or play?

Kanji's are by far the best, btw.

Comment

Another fuzz factory thread

Just kiddin, it's a fairly modern classic that still deserves as much -if not more- attention than the zillions of copycats and flavours of the weeks (me fail english )

Anywayz, finnicky and noisy as hell, but if you manage to get around that, it's able to replace a handfull of your current fuzz pedals. I got tired of the glitchy throbbing synth effects pretty quickly, but now it still holds it's own as a smooth fuzz face on steroids. Scratch that, more like crystal meth and coke

The common gripe about the ff sounding somewhat thin: I think it's kinda the point of the fuzz face derived sound. It's like complaining about the Rat's lack of low end. A big part of it's sound comes from the boosted mids, which pretty much sacrifises the low end. Same difference with the fuzz factory

Someone mensioned the wolf computer. I think it's loosely inspired on the idea of a silicon based fuzz factory, but it doesn't sound all that similar imo. I ended keeping just the ff. The WC had at least one kickass velcro-ish tone in it that the fuzz factory can't totally nail, but it was mostly about motorboating sounds and buzzy glitches and what not...Real finnicky controls too, a lot more so than the fuzz factory even.

There's a ton of clones/variations on the ff now, but impo the one that stands out and looks like it might be an even better and easier to use version of the ff: Red Witch Fuzz God II.

Comment

i ended up drafting a fuzz factory eurorack module

probably going to build it soon

Comment

****************ing love it!
                          here is mine!

Gear: Fender American TeleFender Thin-skin JMFender Vibroverb '63 RiToo many pedlolsGreat deals with: Henry_13 (x2), HeartfeltDawn (x2), loobs, theboywho, gambit (x2), ghjhardwick, Used_666 (x2), Loobs, brandnewzo, SG1 too many others I can't remember

Comment

Avoided them for years cos of all the things I read/hype, but found this one in a local shop for $150 and was instantly sold. It is from 1998 and has some funky transistors, not spam, but sound great. They are quite temperamental though, some days certain settings sound great and other days sound ****************ty. Definitely check one out if you have a line on a good price.

Comment

It's bad enough my women's mood changes from day to day I would rather my Fuzz pedals not follow suit.
                              Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

I'm posting it again, and you can't stop me.

Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

Working...
                                X