Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fuzz factory, which fuzz is it derived from?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loobs
    started a topic The fuzz factory, which fuzz is it derived from?

The fuzz factory, which fuzz is it derived from?

A fuzz face? Also, is there anyone out there who makes something similar with less icepix highs

replied
    Oh really

Leave a comment:

• panther_king
    replied
    I likethe red witch Fuzz God II for a usable fuzz with ability to go into oscillations and gated sounds. At the same time, it's just as expenive/moreso than a Fuzz Factory.

Leave a comment:

• mmolteratx
    replied
    i believe the Fuzz Factory has the same circuit topology as the Tone Bender MkII which is basically a Fuzz Face with an additional gain stage at the front. feel free to correct me though.

Sort of. IIRC, it's a silicon common emitter stage into a germanium shunt-series feedback amp with lots of pots in place of resistors. The shunt-series feedback amp is the basis of the Fuzz Face, Q2/3 of the Tone Bender MKII and there's a more convoluted one in the Unidrive and probably others.

Leave a comment:

• FreekishBluesFX
    replied
    i believe the Fuzz Factory has the same circuit topology as the Tone Bender MkII which is basically a Fuzz Face with an additional gain stage at the front. feel free to correct me though.

Wrong. Fuzz Face... Can you mod for him? Should take you 5 minutes?

Leave a comment:

• FreekishBluesFX
    replied
    Don't throw it away.. just have a buddy mod it. Icepick is a quick fix.... open her up and should take someone less than 5 minutes. If need the money then by all means sell. Many fuzzes out on the market place.

Leave a comment:

• OnWingsOfLead
    replied
    The early Fuzz Factory's had a ton of low end and no extreme highs.
    and not just the "spam can" ones, but the ones from 1999/2000 where also really good and can be found for way cheaper than you would expect.

Exactly. I have a 97 one and it has none of the brittle ice picky sounds. Its fat and smooth like butta

Leave a comment:

• nightraven
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AngelofHop
    replied
    The Ultra Fuzz and the Fuzz Factory can be set up to sound similar but they vary greatly.

Leave a comment:

• Loobs
    replied
    Thx all.

Leave a comment:

• gae86
    replied
    I think it should be loosely based on a GE fuzz face.
    btw I agree with other guys here. My 2000 fuzz factory has lot of low end, and not spiky piercing highs at all.

Leave a comment:

• seifukusha
    replied
    i found the ultra fuzz to be more distortion like, but thats just me

i have a 02 ff and I like it a ton, even now thats its very common place. theres alot of great tones in it.

Leave a comment:

• claytonjohn18
    replied
    Yup. The Zoom can be a Muff too. Super versatile.

I was pretty floored by how many awesome sounds came out of that thing. How long have you had that little bastard?

Leave a comment:

• V
    replied
    It's somewhat based on a Fuzz Face but with a boost in front as well. Shameless spam: the Silver Apple I make is a similar approach but the controls are rather different and it's a half silicon design for more predictable behavior. It also has more low end and clipping options to soften the attack/high end. Can sound similar to an FF but also quite different.

Leave a comment:

• six acre lake
    replied
    Yup. The Zoom can be a Muff too. Super versatile.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X