The fuzz factory, which fuzz is it derived from?

Loobs

• Members

sounds kinda like what you're describing. check out some demos.

it is base on the Fuzz Face circuit, it has gated options, all that stuff, but it also has a lot of gain available. great pricetag too, imo. crushthebutton has them for 120

• Members

The early Fuzz Factory's had a ton of low end and no extreme highs.

and not just the "spam can" ones, but the ones from 1999/2000 where also really good and can be found for way cheaper than you would expect.

Maybe that's why I never got this "high end" thing with the FF, as mine are from this period.

• Members

Zoom ultra Fuzz... Do it. My favorite fuzz. It cops all the FF tones and more all while being more stable and quieter.

Bingo! I have one. it's pretty versatile, gnarly to smooth, plus if you crank up the resonance and play with the guitar volume it sounds like a theremin.

• Members

I remember reading a review of the Ultra Fuzz in Guitar PPlayer mag when it first came out... They name checked quite a few experimental guitar players I adore and I immediately went out and bought one to give it a try... whats the worst that could happen, ill just return it to Guitar Center if if suckeddd. That pedal has been in constant rotation for years now and I can't say enough good things about it. I immediately sold off my frustrating Zvex FF and never looked back.

• Members

Zoom ultra Fuzz... Do it. My favorite fuzz. It cops all the FF tones and more all while being more stable and quieter.

+1

It even won over any muff I tried (not the the pharaoh, I admit)

• Members

It's somewhat based on a Fuzz Face but with a boost in front as well. Shameless spam: the Silver Apple I make is a similar approach but the controls are rather different and it's a half silicon design for more predictable behavior. It also has more low end and clipping options to soften the attack/high end. Can sound similar to an FF but also quite different.

• Members

The early Fuzz Factory's had a ton of low end and no extreme highs.

and not just the "spam can" ones, but the ones from 1999/2000 where also really good and can be found for way cheaper than you would expect.

Exactly. I have a 97 one and it has none of the brittle ice picky sounds. Its fat and smooth like butta

Archived