Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fuzz factory, which fuzz is it derived from?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. The Zoom can be a Muff too. Super versatile.
    Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

It's somewhat based on a Fuzz Face but with a boost in front as well. Shameless spam: the Silver Apple I make is a similar approach but the controls are rather different and it's a half silicon design for more predictable behavior. It also has more low end and clipping options to soften the attack/high end. Can sound similar to an FF but also quite different.
      www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Yup. The Zoom can be a Muff too. Super versatile.

I was pretty floored by how many awesome sounds came out of that thing. How long have you had that little bastard?
        THAT AND THE VATICAN (MY BAND)

Comment

i found the ultra fuzz to be more distortion like, but thats just me

i have a 02 ff and I like it a ton, even now thats its very common place. theres alot of great tones in it.
          OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

I think it should be loosely based on a GE fuzz face.
            btw I agree with other guys here. My 2000 fuzz factory has lot of low end, and not spiky piercing highs at all.
            Gear: Fender American TeleFender Thin-skin JMFender Vibroverb '63 RiToo many pedlolsGreat deals with: Henry_13 (x2), HeartfeltDawn (x2), loobs, theboywho, gambit (x2), ghjhardwick, Used_666 (x2), Loobs, brandnewzo, SG1 too many others I can't remember

Comment

Thx all.
              my band Bloody Mammals on facebook and bandcamp

Comment

The Ultra Fuzz and the Fuzz Factory can be set up to sound similar but they vary greatly.

Comment

i believe the Fuzz Factory has the same circuit topology as the Tone Bender MkII which is basically a Fuzz Face with an additional gain stage at the front. feel free to correct me though.

Comment

The early Fuzz Factory's had a ton of low end and no extreme highs.
                    and not just the "spam can" ones, but the ones from 1999/2000 where also really good and can be found for way cheaper than you would expect.

Exactly. I have a 97 one and it has none of the brittle ice picky sounds. Its fat and smooth like butta
                    First Act Delgada/ Greco LP Custom/ Partscaster Strat/ Squier Jazzmaster/Kramer Striker>Pitchblack > WH10> Organizer > Fuzz Factory> Tonebender MKII Pro> STUD > Octavio> Whammy IV > V3 Big Muff; Super Hard On > Whetstone> Instant Lo Fi> PS3> Delaylab>AC30My Good Transactions

Comment

Don't throw it away.. just have a buddy mod it. Icepick is a quick fix.... open her up and should take someone less than 5 minutes. If need the money then by all means sell. Many fuzzes out on the market place.
                      Happy Birthday Jesus from all of us at Freekish Blues!

Comment

i believe the Fuzz Factory has the same circuit topology as the Tone Bender MkII which is basically a Fuzz Face with an additional gain stage at the front. feel free to correct me though.

Wrong. Fuzz Face... Can you mod for him? Should take you 5 minutes?
                        Happy Birthday Jesus from all of us at Freekish Blues!

Comment

Sort of. IIRC, it's a silicon common emitter stage into a germanium shunt-series feedback amp with lots of pots in place of resistors. The shunt-series feedback amp is the basis of the Fuzz Face, Q2/3 of the Tone Bender MKII and there's a more convoluted one in the Unidrive and probably others.
                          Great transactions with: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...&postcount=438

Spam: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...House-Cleaning

Comment

I likethe red witch Fuzz God II for a usable fuzz with ability to go into oscillations and gated sounds. At the same time, it's just as expenive/moreso than a Fuzz Factory.

Comment

Oh really
                              Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

Working...
                              X