Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fuzz factory, which fuzz is it derived from?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fuzz factory, which fuzz is it derived from?

A fuzz face? Also, is there anyone out there who makes something similar with less icepix highs
    my band Bloody Mammals on facebook and bandcamp

have you tried an Algal Bloom?
    "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Never, is it the same kinda dealio

Comment

sounds kinda like what you're describing. check out some demos.

it is base on the Fuzz Face circuit, it has gated options, all that stuff, but it also has a lot of gain available. great pricetag too, imo. crushthebutton has them for 120
        "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

Comment

That sounds like a cool option.

Comment

what settings are you using on the FF, by the way?

i never thought the high-end on them was unbearable or anything, i just think they lack that low bottom end, and that makes them sound pretty flat and meh to my ears.

Comment

There's a Fuzz Factory on Gumtree for
              London Jazz Guitar Society: http://www.meetup.com/LondonJazzGuitarSociety/

Comment

The early Fuzz Factory's had a ton of low end and no extreme highs.
                and not just the "spam can" ones, but the ones from 1999/2000 where also really good and can be found for way cheaper than you would expect.
                Tone Machines: vintage effects blog
                http://tonemachines.blogspot.com/

Comment

Zoom ultra Fuzz... Do it. My favorite fuzz. It cops all the FF tones and more all while being more stable and quieter.
                  Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

and not just the "spam can" ones, but the ones from 1999/2000 where also really good and can be found for way cheaper than you would expect.

Maybe that's why I never got this "high end" thing with the FF, as mine are from this period.
                    ... puppets jerking on their strings ...

Comment

Zoom ultra Fuzz... Do it. My favorite fuzz. It cops all the FF tones and more all while being more stable and quieter.

Bingo! I have one. it's pretty versatile, gnarly to smooth, plus if you crank up the resonance and play with the guitar volume it sounds like a theremin.
                      Originally Posted By Trace-P38
                      Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
                      Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
                      Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

I remember reading a review of the Ultra Fuzz in Guitar PPlayer mag when it first came out... They name checked quite a few experimental guitar players I adore and I immediately went out and bought one to give it a try... whats the worst that could happen, ill just return it to Guitar Center if if suckeddd. That pedal has been in constant rotation for years now and I can't say enough good things about it. I immediately sold off my frustrating Zvex FF and never looked back.
                        Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

This.
                          MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

Yep.
                            Him the one!

Comment

+1
                              It even won over any muff I tried (not the the pharaoh, I admit)

Comment

Working...
                              X