NPD ZVEX spam can fuzz factory

Hiwatt Bob

• Members

got this off of StopRefrencing. it's a '98 with the spam can trannies. this sounds like i always wanted my '04 FF to sound--good low end & not harsh on the treble. the toan is hard to describe because the pedal has a certain je ne sais quoi.

anyhow, it's dohp as fuck. having good low end and no harshness actually makes this pedal usable for normal/conventional fuzz sounds--which was always my beef with my '04.

e1066f50.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what are spam can trannies?

Don't know. The only info I've found is that Vex bought the remaining stock of some trannies that were specially made for some MN company. I guess there were only a hundred or so and he was unable to find any more. Would actually like to know more myself.

• Members

That's my favorite pedal!

The early ones with skinny/ tall transistors sound good as well. They sound similar to the spam can. You can hear it in the original zvex demo. The fuzz cuts through, but isn't harsh.

Congrats... I almost bought that one as well.

• Members

I finally got to play a Fuzz Factory (not sure of the transistors) not that long ago and I was pleasantly surprised. Sounded kinda similar to the Silver Apple, which surprised me because the two aren't incredibly similar.

I also found it smooth and nice.

• Members

That's my favorite pedal!

The early ones with skinny/ tall transistors sound good as well. They sound similar to the spam can. You can hear it in the original zvex demo. The fuzz cuts through, but isn't harsh.

Congrats... I almost bought that one as well.

Yep, my '00 fuzz probe has those trannies and it's similar in toan--smoother, softer, more low end.

Archived