IT'S A FACTORY OF FUZZ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Where is Waterloo?

It's the best record store on the planet. Austin was called Waterloo before it was renamed after Stephen F. Austin. They are seriously expanding their vinyl selection.

• Members

Having owned an early "Aughts" Fuzz Probe (which is a FF with the Stab knob hooked up to the copper plate) and a more recent Vexter FF, and after reading and watching a few demos, I am convinced the early "Aughts" FFs had something more interesting going on.

The only reason I sold my old Fuzz Probe was because it was too big and I rarely used the plate so I sold it and got a Vexter and I was really disappointed. It just did not have the same mojo, at all. That Fuzz Probe, when I dialed it in just right, had some very cool unique {censored} going on. The Vexter was much blander.

You also have to watch out for buffering and impedance going in cause some buffering will make the Vexter sound like total ass.

• Members

Buffering with screw with any oscillating fuzz, not just the Vexter FWIW.

True, good point, but I did not have near the same problem with the Fuzz Probe. I don't know what changed from 2000 to 2008 or 9 that would cause more of a problem with buffering, but something did.

• Members

I had completely fogotten about my Fuzz Factory until yesterday, so timely thread. Hours of fun tweaking!

Check out 2:22 of this song. Fuzz Factory and a Green Russian Big Muff. :love:

[video=youtube;9kA2JkVdzNE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kA2JkVdzNE

Oh, and side note? I was playing around with pedals yesterday while I was recording, and the Fulltone Soul Bender into a Fuzz Factory may be my new favorite combo for leads. Sounds {censored}ing incredible together.

• Members

Buffering with screw with any oscillating fuzz, not just the Vexter FWIW.

It depends. I've had good luck with the Silver Apple after a Tubescreamer. I expected it to act up but not so much.

Archived