cheapest alternative to a Fuzz Factory

• Members

Really have been wanting to play around with a fuzz factory for years but I just cant justify spending that much on a pedal, I buy mostly cheap effects for fun, the most expensive pedal I own is probably my PN-2 because it was a lucky find at a pawn shop.

right now for fuzz I have a dano french toast, dano cool cat, and a J. Everman fuzz drive. Should I even bother with a FF clone? If yes who makes em!?

• Members

Go for a used Vexter Fuzz Factory.

+1

If it's the pedal you really want, save up and buy it. If you buy some clone/knockoff you'll always wonder if it sounds as good as the real thing (which it probably doesn't). You can find a used vexter for just over $100.

• Members

get a vextor fuzz factory.

i have both the zoom ultra fuzz and fuzz factory. they're similar, but there's really nothing quite like a fuzz factory. the cool thing about the ultra fuzz is that you can get more "useable" sounds out of it. vextor ff is probably cheaper than an ultra fuzz if you can even find one.

• Members

-Used vexter fuzzfactory.

-A diy clone of ebay. And else, I'm sure one of our fellow forumites could build you one for cheap.

-Zoom Ultra fuzz. Kickass fuzzfactory-esque pedal that can be found for cheaps.

Had a Wolf Computer. It's a cool glitchy velcro fuzz that can do pulsating synthy stuff as well as a couple classic fuzz/od tones. Doesn't have a whole lot in common with a fuzz factory impo. Fuzz factory is probably a little bit more usable and 'musical', wc can be pretty unpredictable and takes a lot of knob twirling. Can be good thing depending on your musical style I guess. Wc is less noisy impo, in terms of unwanted humm/buzzing sounds. If it doesn't have to be a real clone/copy, I'm sure there's at least one devi ever fuzz that covers some of the same ground as a fuzz factory a does a whole range nasty stuttering bees-in-a-jar sounds.

• Members

+1

If it's the pedal you really want, save up and buy it.
If you buy some clone/knockoff you'll always wonder if it sounds as good as the real thing (which it probably doesn't
). You can find a used vexter for just over $100.

It's so simple to make a FF. I made a clone because I was bored to compare with a buddies and they were nearly identical. Even FF's differ quite a bit from each other actually.

• Members

It's so simple to make a FF. I made a clone because I was bored to compare with a buddies and they were nearly identical. Even FF's differ quite a bit from each other actually.

I realize that the circuit itself is simple and varies due the nature of it; I just prefer to give Mr. Vex my $$ instead of a cloner. I guess building one for yourself is a little different but the OP didn't mention that possibility.

• 1 year later...

Archived