Sell me on the Fuzz Factory

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nels Cline uses one. And he is awesome.

Comment

if you can ever dial in the tone you hear in your head, it's the greatest fuzz ever.

with that said, i'm still twisting the knobs every day.

this 100%

i have the fuzz factory and the fuzz probe. the sounds you can dial in are friggen amazing. some of the best fuzz sounds i have ever heard i have coax'd out of these. however the knobs are so sensitive that even if you mark your fav setting with a marker it close to impossible to dial in the exact same sound once the knobs are moved. hell sometimes ill even unplug it and not move any knobs and when i plug it back in it sounds completely different. for live situations i would recomend the wolf cpu because i have alot easier time recalling fav settings/sounds. it would suck to have to dial in your fuzz factory before a set. however for the studio i would prob grab the ff

Comment

I appreciate all the feedback. I'm thinking I am gonna hit it.
        Good Deals: Killing Nevada, navyjones, Jwando, Small Stone, Cake Bakist, futuresailors, 23cicero, somestarrynight, richey888, jimosity, stratedge09, Raintes, JMP2203, Attuma, Floodstage

Originally Posted by Naterel

Pain is your bodies way of telling you not to cross daddy

Originally Posted by RoboPimp

yup, part of growing up is abandoning any hopes and dreams and giving up on anything that you feel passionate about or makes you happy.

then comes years of waiting for sweet death.

Comment

Love mine. Plenty of garage sounds, past, present and future.

Comment

It's a crazy ass fuzz - what's not to like?
            Good Deals

rileykill, ampman1989, locohead, Kid A, neon soul, Loobs, Jakkeh, neoflox, Matts Tone, miffa 55, NITEFLY182 ,theboywho, vicenzajay , tremulant ,Hides-His-Eyes, ChuckNorris1982,Ben Glass, Markymarc1979, Cardinal of Crunk, jacobhf, 21rush12, thecardiackid, robopimp,Radiosilence,digital

Comment

i got the probe.
              I often wish there was a switch to turn the probe off to use like a regular fuzz factory.

how do the vexter versions compare?
              kinda bull**************** that the vexters are still ridiculously priced.... shesh vex...
              Near Grey

Comment

this 100%

i have the fuzz factory and the fuzz probe. the sounds you can dial in are friggen amazing. some of the best fuzz sounds i have ever heard i have coax'd out of these. however the knobs are so sensitive that even if you mark your fav setting with a marker it close to impossible to dial in the exact same sound once the knobs are moved. hell sometimes ill even unplug it and not move any knobs and when i plug it back in it sounds completely different. for live situations i would recomend the wolf cpu because i have alot easier time recalling fav settings/sounds. it would suck to have to dial in your fuzz factory before a set. however for the studio i would prob grab the ff

Yeah. I find the wolf computer touchy, too, because of the pot values, but since it's silicon it will be consisently touchy.
                www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Love the fuzz factory but the zoom ultra fuzz has replaced it on my board, its kind of the same but a bit safer for live outings.
                  Good deals with: Snufkino, IVIARK, joshp13589, MPH, Hides-His-Eyes, robw, ChuckNorris1982, HeartfeltDawn, Woolyh, SimplyBen, Astatine, Chugs, JDE, Gambit, theboywho

Comment

no me gusta
                    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

my understanding is the vexter's the same exact thing, just screen printed instead of hand painted.

Comment

Get an Ab Synth

Comment

Go back and tweak the knobs some more.....

I can't say there is anything that can be said other than this besides play it through your rig with your guitar if the shop will let you.
                          My mother doesnt like my avatar.

Originally Posted by diocide

I used to have a brass pick, but I stopped using it. After using it, my fingers would smell like i fingered a Terminator and I just couldn't get past that. I'm a ****************ing weirdo, I know.

Church of Wolves

http://churchofwolves.bandcamp.com

Comment

Okay
                            Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

• thom
                              thom commented
                              Editing a comment

Lots of fuzz factory threads lately...What is this, 1999?? ;p

Had one, loved it. Replaced it with a Red Witch Fuzz God II. I could easily claim the FGII is like a more useable and tweak-friendly fuzz factory, but I guess both peds are best at what they do.

For me pesonally though, The crazy synthy noises quickly become nothing more than a novelty. Which I can now turn on/off with the extra footswitch on the Fuzz GodII. There's plenty of over the top sounds in there, but it's just way easier to get to the sweet stuff. That 'fuzz face on steroids' type of tone just sounds thicker on the Red Witch, it cuts through better in a full band impo. Just check out the PGS demo, it'll demonstrate what I mean a lot better than I can explain it

Working...
                          X