Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats different between the Zoom G3 & G3X?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats different between the Zoom G3 & G3X?

Is the only difference between these two units the included expression pedal? Is there any reason not to just purchase a G3 and add an 3rd party expression pedal instead of purchasing a G3X? 

I've search these and other forums but cant seem to find a straight answer. Thanks in advance for the help and reply. 

My Progressive Rock Band's website. If you check it out let me know what you think of our music/lyrics! http://www.facebook.com/aeonsatori

Yeah, I believe it's just the Expression pedal capability. I didn't opt for the G3X since the EXP pedal looks like a toy to me and besides I already have a Wah pedal.

I would purchase though a Korg EXP pedal to perform some nice swellings. 

"Sing unto Him a a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise."
    -Psalms 33:3
    "Praise Him with tambourines and dancing. Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes."- Psalms 150:4

Marshall Valvestate -Vox Pathfinder 15R - Fulltone Fulldrive II - Joyo U.Drive - Proco RAT II - VS True Tone - Boss RV3 - EHX Small Clone - Custom Tremolo - Ibanez SA320 - Ibanez DE7 - Am Fender Strat

Check out my Flickr Photos
    Our Church group site!!

Comment

I went with the G3X.  It's only $30 more and I didn't already have an expression pedal.  In retrospect, I probably wouldn't do it again because I haven't used the pedal much.

I think there's a way you can use the built-in pedal, and an external pedal, which might be useful for some players.

Signature is here!

Comment

• SwingingStax
        SwingingStax commented
        Editing a comment

It's nice to use an External Expression Pedal on the floor, while being able to adjust

the unit itself, up on a counter.

Just make **bleep** sure that your EXP Pedal, assuming it has a Level Adjustment,

is set properly. (mine was turned down, took me a while to realize it and turn up)

The main advantage is with the g3 you can use external expression OR tap tempo. Not both. With the g3x you can use the integral expression pedal AND external tap tempo.
      Recent good deals: Fruvai, Darkmavis, Mind_Riot89, jeid2000, Krish, andthenurse, JDE, figjamaussie, Slow Life, The Riffer, Netstar, SimplyBen, magnum pi, WAWBanks, Hides-His-Eyes, Neoflox, woolyh, AidyCM, Gambit, MPH, joshp13589

DCC Engineering - custom cabinets, pedals and amps.
      Omens - my band

Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX

Let me see you piss on me and I will show you my tits. Well it no work that way. You need to rub my balls first. And balls I mean testicles

Comment

Working...
      X