the DOD hunting cohort thread

hangwire

• Members

This is the Master List of all the posts below looking for certain DOD pedals. If anyone happens to know of one of these locally, please contact the seeking user below via PM :)

DOD FX20b phaser, gray non sparkly paint version, preferably with a batt door

DOD FX17

DOD FX70c Corrosion

DOD Vibrothang

DOD 410 Studio Bifet preamp

DOD FX101 Grind Overdrive

- - - - - - - - - - - -

the old OP:

I was thinking that a few of us liked minded DOD hunters could use this thread as a central location to post things were are specifically looking for, and at the same time keep an eye out for others :idk:

I know as we hit up music store or craigslist, we see these guys floating around. Maybe one that you have no interest in is something another person hasn't had the luck to coem across... so this would be a great place to share what we need and help each other out a bit :thu:

I would ask that you keep it to just 1 main post that you edit as you knock things off your list, to keep things to the point and easy to quickly scan when out and about.

Also, specifiying if battery door is needed or other stuff would probably be helpful too :lol:

Here is mine, in order of importance:

410 Studio Bifet preamp - i have the fx10, just want to see if there is a difference, and the XLR make it a good tool if anything :thu:

FX101 Grind Overdrive - same as above, but just want to try one to see if it does anything special

battery doors on all in box with all the papers would be especially nice for any

• Members

How cheap are you looking for these? I know of a punkifier on GC's used section for 49.99, that's not a bad price (I realize you can't see this, but someone might quote it)

for myself, would like to find an inexpensive FX70c Corrosion

• Members

How cheap are you looking for these? I know of a punkifier on GC's used section for 49.99, that's not a bad price (I realize you can't see this, but someone might quote it)

for myself, would like to find an inexpensive FX70c Corrosion

that

• Members

Music Go Round has a pretty wide selection of old DOD pedals. They have been my "secret store" for while.

I've bought three things from Music Go Round. The first was a pedal. It arrived beat to hell, missing knobs, etc. I figured it was my fault for buying it without a picture. The next thing I bought was an autoharp. I actually called the guy at the store to ask about it - how did it look up close, how did it play, any issues, etc? He said it was great. It showed up totally broken, unplayable. I figured I just had two unlucky experiences. Bought another pedal from them (this time a DOD coincidentally). They put a completely wrong street address on the box, UPS couldn't find my house, and I finally had to go pick it up from the UPS office. Got it home, and the pedal was totally {censored}ing broken, it barely made a sound. So, I'm just saying I wouldn't recommend them.

• Members

That sucks!

Yeah, and they charge rather highly for shipping, which isn't refundable when you have to return the broken pedals. They do have cool stuff on their site, but I've had to decide to avoid them from now on. Too much bad luck. On the other hand, out of 30 or so used pedals I've bought from GC online, only one arrived messed up (but still playable. It was a Marshall Jackhammer with a bent knob, so you couldn't turn the concentric controls right).

• Members

Do you think there would be a benifit to a sticky on this thread? I can see pros and cons, so I would like done opinions

Also, I am thinking of just putting the collective master list at the top of the first post so there will be no need for scrolling? Just which effects and who to contact if you happen across one?

this is a good idea. i don't know if phil would go for it, but it would be cool if there is enough interest, to have a stickied thread with a master list in the OP

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

how do you guys rate the juice box and the integrated tube pedals? and how do they compare? there's onof.each on ebay UK at the.moment.

I had both of those for a short time.

The Integrated Tube OD has a good EQ section, but I remember it being overly harsh and aggressive... on its own (into a clean amp), its strength (imo) was as a heavy distortion-verging-on-fuzz... think 90's US alt-rock. Very similar to the Boss Power Drive PW-2, but quieter iirc.

It made a decent stacker pedal with other dirt, thanks to the powerful EQ section, wide gain range and low noise (for a high gainer).

The Juice Box is pretty much what you expect; a tubescreamer-alike with 2-band EQ... but I remember being disappointed with the low gain settings (with a clean amp) in that it wasn't clean enough... it would go completely clean if you play softly, but when you dig in it had an ugly, crackly breakup. Used to boost another pedal or a dirty amp, it's pretty good.

Having said all of that, I wouldn't mind having another go with both of those pedals... but I don't know if I'd pay more than

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This is the Master List of all the posts below looking for certain DOD pedals. If anyone happens to know of one of these locally, please contact the seeking user below via PM
:)

DOD FX52 Classic Fuzz

DOD FX20b phaser, gray non sparkly paint version, preferably with a batt door

DOD Performer 575 flanger

DOD FX70c Corrosion

DOD Vibrothang

DOD 410 Studio Bifet preamp

DOD FX101 Grind Overdrive

Are you sure you want the 575 flanger? I had one, and unloaded it for about $20... very thin sounding. I have seen the big orange 670 around... that one is great.

Archived