Foreign psychedelic rock

ArrMatey

• Members

I've been trying to rediscover the joys of what my homeland has to offer. I know that the middle east round the 60's/70's was subject to this wave of psychedelic rock/pop that's all fuzzed out. I am really trying to discover what the area had to offer. I know that Aphrodite's Child was probably Greece's most famous band of the area but Turkey had its fair and few good fuzz rock bands.

This is another reason why I want a catalinbread merkin fuzz.

3hurler

Erkin Koray & Ter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf27dRbq8Dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5P5J-XJO6c

• Members

Check out the Love, Peace, and Poetry series of compilations. Each volume focuses on a different geographical region. There's one volume that's all Turkish psych.

The Plastic People Of The Universe from Czechoslovakia were also really great.

I'm a big fan of old obscure psych/garage/freakbeat stuff, especially the foreign stuff.

• Members

Check out the Love, Peace, and Poetry series of compilations. Each volume focuses on a different geographical region. There's one volume that's all Turkish psych.

The Plastic People Of The Universe from Czechoslovakia were also really great.

I'm a big fan of old obscure psych/garage/freakbeat stuff, especially the foreign stuff.

• Members

Wow, some fantastic stuff! I love hearing obscure psychedelic music from the 60's/early 70's that never made it's way into the mainstream. Lot's of names I've never heard of, I had NO idea there was an Indonesian psychedelic band.

I'll have to check out that Love, Peace, and Poetry series.

• Members

Wow, some fantastic stuff! I love hearing obscure psychedelic music from the 60's/early 70's that never made it's way into the mainstream. Lot's of names I've never heard of, I had NO idea there was an Indonesian psychedelic band.

I'll have to check out that Love, Peace, and Poetry series.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The P-Man

View Post

If you're ending the thread with Dungen you need to broaden your horizons...all from Sweden and big influences on Dungen...

Nice selections, but I think Mikael Ramel's first record (Till Dej) is much better than Extra Vagansa. And if you're a Dungen fan you should also check out Pugh Rogefeldt's first 3 records, especially his debut album Ja D

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jorgenegeland

View Post

Nice selections, but I think Mikael Ramel's first record (Till Dej) is much better than Extra Vagansa. And if you're a Dungen fan you should also check out Pugh Rogefeldt's first 3 records, especially his debut album Ja D

Archived