X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD

Got this baby for $70 last night, from who I think was a man of the tweaker persuasion. An old Tokyo Soundworks Guyatone Flip 2000 MKII. He posted in on craigslist saying it needed worked. I bought a new pair of JJ 6l6GCs and took out a mod someone did - to kill one of the power tubes to get 30w instead of 60w. The screen resistors were blown.

Amp also has an old Altec 417-8h which is worth a fair amount on its own.

The amp still has some noise, probably needs a change of caps, which I'll do later. The toggle switch for the Bass is faulty. Knobs are off cause I just put it back together. Has spring reverb but I took the pan out for now. For now though, pretty sweet at $110.

fff

Attached Files
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Decolonize</div><br><br>

nice. sounds like you know your way around modding/working with amps too.

12" speaker?

YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ Oᶰᶜᵉ<br><blockquote><hr>Robopimp wrote:<br>Chat crüe is srs crüe<hr></blockquote><br>For Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3<br><br>Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

Ya I've been learning. Repaired a vt-22 I had and I've worked on my V-4. Both powerful amps so I approach amp repair with massive amounts of caution.

Ya, it's a 12"
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Decolonize</div><br><br>

Comment

Rad man.
        Test Tech Wattson Classic Electronics<br><br>EL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Working...
        X