Hey Z.Vex... get your "pissed off" face on.

L_Z_nut

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well, let's face it.

They're in Germany.

Laws regarding intellectual property are fuzzy (no pun intended) at best, not to even mention international laws regarding intellectual property.

Hate to say it, but there's really nothing anyone here in the states can do, short of going over to Germany and bashing the guy's head in with his Fuzz Fake.

• Members

well, let's face it.

They're in Germany.

Laws regarding intellectual property are fuzzy (no pun intended) at best, not to even mention international laws regarding intellectual property.

Hate to say it, but there's really nothing anyone here in the states can do, short of going over to Germany and bashing the guy's head in with his Fuzz Fake.

I'd pay to see that. :)

EDIT: I think you should edit that to say "the chicks"

Diy-Stompbox.com

Diana Pahl

Alt Buch 72

13125 Berlin

Germany

• Members

I thought clones were ok with us?

how many times have we heard 'rat' clones recomended on here?

or is it ok, to rip off proco, but not Zvex?

double standards anyone?

I'm not really sure how I feel about it to be honest but carry on, I'm interested to hear views. :snax:

• Members

^ from what I can see her FF clone looks just like some of the PCB's I've seen of the real ones... same layout and placement of parts.

double standards anyone?

I'm not really sure how I feel about it to be honest but carry on, I'm interested to hear views.
:snax:

That's a very good point. I just don't like how she's using the same type of graphic on the fuzz fake though. Most clones usually have a little originality to the design of the enclosure.

Tricky subject.

• Members

there is a huge double standard!

i dont like the idea of it simply because the person has no creativity of there own, or if they do theyre not using it.

legaly, here or there ther is zero anyone can do as there is no infringement taking place.

if the guy used a circuitboard with the exact trace as zvex ones then yes, you could do do something about it but once you redraw the circuit its considered ones own art and perfectly legal. this guy hasnt even done that tho, he's using the french ffct circuit. and some of markm's layouts by the look of it,off of diy.

i think the site sucks and whoever owns it are wankers anyways!

i dont make outright clones of effects and dont really agree with it in this case or the toobskreamer cases etc, i put in hard work and lots of hours modifying existing circuits, they become mine as the circuit they become dont exist outside of my house, more than i can say for ts808 clones and these clones.as such i dont agree with this site or its contents but, theres nothing that can be done about it.

• Members

i dunno if you can call things that prolly sounds nothing like the real thing/look shoddy clones, i would call them mutations.

they do sound identical tho, ive built a ffct using that same layout as this site uses and its spot on to my zvex one, id expect no less obviously as its the same circuit.

• Members

double standards anyone?

I'm not really sure how I feel about it to be honest but carry on, I'm interested to hear views.
:snax:

+1.

I see clones recommended all the time here on HCFX. I've even seen people brag about their clone being better than the original for less money.

Why is this any different?

:idk:

Archived