Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I could use an assistant or two... (co-moderator candidates)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS Your post was also eloquent, and you did a good job stating your case.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• PS Your post was also eloquent, and you did a good job stating your case.

Thanks mate!
      Originally Posted by Spacehog26

Sonic Maximisers are...the musical equivalent
      of a turd polisher.

"This isn't 4chan you idiot"- anon.

Originally Posted by lfrz93

btw petejt,
      is that you in your avatar?

Originally Posted by petejt

-----
      My list of gear is here
      Mesa/Boogie Mob

Comment

• Yeah me too. Knock it off. I would love to be the asst mod, but I wouldn't be popular here for very long (not that I am now anyway) because I would ban the **************** out of some of you for the same stupid bull**************** over and over. Kind of like my kids when I ask them nicely to stop doing something they shouldn't, and they keep doing it, and I start getting not so nice with my tone, but they keep it up, and up... and finally,,,

= extended time out. I have mucho experience with the timeouts

You sound like a great candidate

Comment

• You sound like a great candidate

Actually, I think he'd be a great candidate

Comment

• I'm a nightowl, and I've run a band-based message board for over 6 years. I know how to moderate fairly and I'm usually around when other people aren't.

I can has banhammer now plz?

Comment

• I don't want a banhammer, I just want to be able to lock/delete horse****************, or out-of-control threads.

There are some kids on this forum, after all.

Comment

• I don't want a banhammer, I just want to be able to lock/delete horse****************, or out-of-control threads.

Wisdom worthy of a moderator title.

*But we wouldn't be able to post things like "Angry FuzzShifter ruLz" or show Ban-Hammah images if you command no Banhammer*

Comment

• Wisdom worthy of a moderator title.

*But we wouldn't be able to post things like "Angry FuzzShifter ruLz" or show Ban-Hammah images if you command no Banhammer*

Phil deserves the glory.

Comment

• I was just joking with the banhammer thing anyway, and have no desire to go on a witch hunt. I do have 6 years of moderating experience and have a pretty good gauge for where/when lines need to be drawn though. And I'm up late.

Though I should note, sometimes I come here and other boards to get away from moderating my own board

Comment

• I'm up late, too.

And, I have a habit of being blunt.

No harm, no foul.

Comment

• Phil deserves the glory.

And the misery.

j/k Phil.

Comment

There are some kids on this forum, after all.

Same. Just keeping the OT waste of space stuff at bay to make sure the forum stays on track is all I'd want.

This forum has taught me so much about music, guitars, effects, and even a lot of other slightly related things. I just want to be able to return the favor by helping to keep the forum cleaned up and get it back to the way it used to be without so much junk to wade through. I don't want to see all OT posting disappear - I don't think anyone does. I want to see the pointless threads go away.

If banning comes with it, so be it. I don't mind the responsibility. If it doesn't, I don't mind that either. I just want to do my part to make the forum a better place.
                          www.noisemakereffects.com

Boutique, hand-built pedals and amplifiers!

Noisemaker Effects
                          Twitter||Facebook

Comment

• I just had what I think is a pretty good idea in terms of "real world" testing...

Have the moderator candidates report "problem" posts to me, along with the reason why it's an issue, and what they would recommend doing about it - deletion of the post, locking the thread, temp ban, PM warning, public comment / warning... whatever.

It doesn't get much more "real world' than that.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

• BTW Jeff - hil:

- George Carlin

Comment

• fair enough

Comment

Working...
                                X