Dark Soundscape RV-5 + DD5

TheChristopher

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

really cool indeed, but what purpose does this kind of droning serve? :confused: is this a song in itself? do you play chords over this? do you sing over it? is it just a concept idea? is it just for fun with no purpose to make cool ambient soundscapes and textures?

• Members

really cool indeed, but what purpose does this kind of droning serve?
:confused:
is this a song in itself? do you play chords over this? do you sing over it? is it just a concept idea? is it just for fun with no purpose to make cool ambient soundscapes and textures?

I thought it was awesome. :confused:

Does every song have to have Dave Matthews playing chords and singing to you?

EDIT: seriously. This is better than most ambient stuff I've heard.

Were you using a compressor? a volume pedal? humbuckers? etc.

Do a rig rundown. I'm very intrigued.

• Members

Mkay, I've got a DD5 and a RV3...Guess The RV-3 won't do the same type of thing cause it's missing the modulation, right?

just add a chorus pedal if you want some modulation, I don't hear much modulation going on in the clip, it might be there as the modulation is fairly subtle anyway on the RV-5.

• Members

I enjoyed listening to it while doing some work at work, so I would say the purpose of this droning is the pleasure of hearing music.

LOL Thanks for liking it. Yes. It's the pleasure of listening. It wont tickle everyone's fancy, but if it does -- then mission accomplished. I didn't get why he was getting philosophical. You can debate the "Why" forever. And its pointless. Some will get it and enjoy it. Others won't.

• Members
I thought it was awesome.
:confused:

Does every song have to have Dave Matthews playing chords and singing to you?

EDIT: seriously. This is better than most ambient stuff I've heard.

Were you using a compressor? a volume pedal? humbuckers? etc.

Do a rig rundown. I'm very intrigued.

Thanks for the super awesome compliment. No on the Volume pedal/Compressor; though I do i have a squeaky ernie ball.

There isn't much of a rig to rundown on this piece. I only used those 2 pedals, a solid state Marshall Amp, and yes a LP with humbuckers.

• Members

just add a chorus pedal if you want some modulation, I don't hear much modulation going on in the clip, it might be there as the modulation is fairly subtle anyway on the RV-5.

Yes, the modulation is subtle unless you turn the effect knob all the way up, but then it gets really noisy.

• Members

Link this to Nateral's Boss Thread.

Great job man. Massive sound with minimal pedals. Sounds really awesome!!!! Are you using the RV-5 into the DD-5?

Christopher, do you have any recordings/bands?

Thanks soo much for liking the clip. really appreciate the wonderful compliment!!

No I believe it was DD-5 into RV-5. Yes, im working on an offical release in 2012. If you want to hear more go to my youtube page (RobChristopherWriter). While you are there, add me as a friend so you can be informed of the release date.

• Members

I'm not saying I didn't like it. I'm actually quite interested in this kind of stuff myself. The dispatch master I just got is really good for this kind of stuff. I was just wondering what if anything you will add to this and whether it was a finished piece or just a concept. I rather like it a lot.

Do you use the volume knob on your guitar then? Or just the delay sounds like this?

And YES! Please post settings on the dd5 and rv5!!!

Archived