Zoom G3X is growing on me

• Members

Bought a G3X just to try digital again.  Using an Ibanez TSA15 head & cab for my amp with the G3X between the analog TS and the amp input.

The Zoom's reverbs, delays and modulations are all very good.  A lot ogff wacky effects that I won't use as well.  The amp models do not sound good into my amp, I have not tried direct into PC speakers yet.

The overdrive and distortion stomps were the ones I was wanting to add some rock tones to the Ibanez amp.  the Governor stomp is my favorite and the Overdrive second. 

• Members

I thought the amp models sounded really bad the first time I used my g3 too. Turns out the output mode is set to 'direct' by default, which sounds horribly screechy going into an amp.

Making sure you have that set right (in the global options) makes a huge difference.

Still prefer the sound of the amp sims direct through headphones or monitors than through an amp though.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I have a g3x zoom multi effects going through a Marshall DSL40C and i play in a band and the other guitarist seems to get a much better tone using stomp boxes and a worse amp. Is this due to the multi effects pedal?? thanks

Archived