new hagstrom vikings - any good?

vinnies

• Members

i saw some older threads in here for a couple of years ago, but just curious what people think about the new vikings, like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HAGSTROM-VIKING-ALL-ROUNDER-VINTAGE-BLACK-JAZZ-SEMI-HOLLOW-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-/150980820907?pt=Guitar&hash=item2327287fab

the guy's asking $450, with case, like new. sound about right? thoughts on the pups? what'd you replace the pups with? trying it out this weekend...thanks...

• Members

Can't speak dierctly to the Viking, but I recently picked up a Hagstrom Deuce F and it sounds amazing.  I wasn't floored with the stock Hagstrom pickups so I swapped in some Dimarzio 36th Anniversaries.  After some minor setup this thing plays great, sounds huge, and can do a ton with the coil taps.  It's a keeper for sure.

• Members

Harry_Manback wrote:

Can't speak dierctly to the Viking, but I recently picked up a Hagstrom Deuce F and it sounds amazing.  I wasn't floored with the stock Hagstrom pickups so I swapped in some Dimarzio 36th Anniversaries.  After some minor setup this thing plays great, sounds huge, and can do a ton with the coil taps.  It's a keeper for sure.

Your post convinced me to buy one. The tobacco burst Deuce F puts a tingle in my dingle. I still feel like there's a catch, given the price... but seems like they're fairly solid.

Archived