OT - Fender Excelsior Amp in Da House!

• Members

Photos here:

http://www.rivercityrockets.com/fenderexcelsior.html

I got an email 2 days ago telling me this item was still on backorder and it arrived today. When I signed on to my computer when I got home today after finding the amp on my back deck, I had an email telling me the amp had shipped. Obviously. :cool:

I won't get overly carried away here because I've only spent about 15 minutes with it so far with a Strat but I am in love with the tone already. For only 13 watts it can get easily too loud for the livingroom but it sounds great guys - just great! The tremelo is sweet and Fendery as one would expect, and I immediately went into Born on the Bayou to give her a good workout. :eek:

It's got a great tweed tone to it, a nice grit at relatively low volumes and a great bite dimed. I'm heading out for dinner with my lady but will run a Les Paul through the amp later this evening and a few pedals to get a better idea of what the Excelsior can do.

One thing that's crystal clear - for $299 it's a no brainer purchase and a nice slice of Fender magic. :cool:

Thanks for reading! :wave:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't wait to hear some reviews on these things, they look pretty sweet.

I can't read the address, is it Santa Cruz or Santa Clara ?

Is this a reissue of an old amp ? Seriously why is there an accordion input ?

I'm pretty sure there's one in both Santa Cruz and Santa Clara as well as Berkley.

• Members

I can't read the address, is it Santa Cruz or Santa Clara ?

Is this a reissue of an old amp ? Seriously why is there an accordion input ?

Its an homage to a lot of off-brand, oddball tube amps from the 60's. Alot of em had accordian inputs. I see the kinds of amps its based off of all the time, Harmonys, SUpros, etc and they want way too much for em. . They sound so good though. This is the answer to my prayers. I want one so bad!

FYI. That music shop where they filmed that cheesy commercial is like a block from my house. They dont actually sell them there tho. That place is such a dump lol.

• Members

A lot of amps in the 50s / 60s had accordion and mic inputs....they changed the flavor and tone of your guitar if you plugged in, so you can get different colored sound. So they added it on here.

This, or something like it. It's kind of a variation on "High" and "Low" inputs, or "Normal" and "Bright". How big a difference is there, Rev? Is there enough tone variation / volume similarity to make for a sorta-kinda two channel amp with an AB/Y?

Archived