X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danelectro Dan-Echo Oscillating Mod - Video Inside

removed the resistor at 'R10' position.. put a bit of wire from a dead pedal in it's place.. sounds great - went from about 15 repeats to infinite repeats. on the edge of oscillation at around 3 o'clock.

lots of cool sounds to be had with the Hi-Cut knob too.

Compared to the same mod on the Danelectro PB&J, it's more like you'd expect an oscillating delay to react; with feedback cranked, **************** gets loud.the mod itself is far easier to do since it's not a tiny little SMD chip being removed, but a normal resistor.

on the PB&J the repeats don't get as super-loud, they just get grimey and distorted/crushed.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheColdNorthWind#g/u" target="_blank">Youtube Pedal Vids</a><br />
    <b><font color="Black"><font size="2">For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)</font></font></b><br />
    <font color="indigo"><font size="1">ToneFactor Nebular - £40<br />
    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46<br />
    </font></font><font size="1"><font color="YellowGreen">Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat</font></font></div>

so, how much would you pay for a modified Dan-Echo or PB&J that can oscillate? ??% more than the going ebay-rate?

i have a few PB&J's i can afford to let go now, and saw another Dan-Echo in a local shop.. thought it might be cool to get another one for a quick mod and have it doing the rounds across the forums..

unless someone can be arsed to arrange a UK Tourbox thingy?

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheColdNorthWind#g/u" target="_blank">Youtube Pedal Vids</a><br />
    <b><font color="Black"><font size="2">For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)</font></font></b><br />
    <font color="indigo"><font size="1">ToneFactor Nebular - £40<br />
    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46<br />
    </font></font><font size="1"><font color="YellowGreen">Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat</font></font></div>

Comment

Always dug the Dan echo
      Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

• goodhonk
        goodhonk commented
        Editing a comment

that a dark delay.  does it have a tone knob?  those repeats sound smooth too, not clicky like a lot of other analog delays.

Nice demo Gambit. The Danecho has long been one of my favourite's regardless of price. I've often been tempted to do the mod but I don't want to mess with something that already works perfectly for my needs - the hi/lo switches perfectly from slap-back to a perfect 400ms(ish) delay...

...how does the mod change the repeats knob i.e. are all the 'regular' settings the same, just dialled lower on the knob? And does the mod change anything else about the sound? 

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Arial Narrow"><b>Guitars:</b> Strat (w/ Custom shop 69’s), Fender 52 RI Tele (w/Seymour Duncan Antiquities)<br />
      <b>Amp:</b> Marshall JCM800, Fender PRRI, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (w/ Celestion Vintage 30)<br />
      <b>Effects:</b> Teese Picture Wah, MJM London Fuzz, Dunlop JHF1, Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe, Z Vex BoR, Korg Pitchblack, Demeter Tremulator, Line 6 M9</font><br />
      <br />
      <font face="Arial Narrow">Good deals: elfroi, eerock, shouhenggoh, Snufkino, KarateSchnitzel, Mike Muse Rage </font></div>

Comment

• mr benn
        mr benn commented
        Editing a comment
        Easily put on a switch

• gambit
        gambit commented
        Editing a comment

it works as before, but the original with feedback at max is about the same as the modded version with feedback at noon ish from what i can remember.

feedback anywhere near 3 o'clock and your on the edge of oscillation (my fav setting) and beyond that you're in a world of hurt

the one downfall is when you crank the feedback it oscillates like mad, but as you dial it back quickly to the 3 o'clock 'safe zone' (heh) the volume of the delayed signal jumps up a fair bit. you can probably hear it in the vid.. the one gripe. otherwise, sound-wise it's exactly as it was i think.

hey gambit, can you explain the mod in the detail for a noob?

Comment

never mind, i found this at tgp

Last edited by goodhonk; 10-09-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X