I want the paintings Dick Hallorann has in The Shining

veil

• Members

Are you black Veil? I think those pix might be a little tacky hanging on your walls if you're not
:o

Prejudice knows many forms... if you're uncomfortable with pictures of black chicks with awesome afros, that's fine, but don't project that crap onto us. Those pictures are awesome.

• Members
Prejudice knows many forms... if you're uncomfortable with pictures of black chicks with awesome afros, that's fine, but don't project that crap onto us. Those pictures are awesome.

That wasn't meant as a prejudice remark in the least, no need to get yer panties in a bunch :poke:

• Members

That wasn't meant as a prejudice remark in the least, no need to get yer panties in a bunch :poke:

Maybe it wasn't meant that way, but that's what it was. When you make skin color the defining criteria for determining good/bad taste, that's prejudice.

My advice is to go forth and love your brothers from another mother... and your fine-ass afro-sportin' sisters.

• Members
Maybe it wasn't meant that way, but that's what it was. When you make skin color the defining criteria for determining good/bad taste, that's prejudice.

My advice is to go forth and love your brothers from another mother... and your fine-ass afro-sportin' sisters.

Well if that's how it came off sounding, my apologies- I have much love for all my bros and especially the fine ass afro sportin' sisters :)

• Members

I think he meant that it might look a tad racist for a white guy to have blaxploitation pictures on his walls.

• Members

^ and here we have it. Pictures of naked black women- racist if you do, racist if you don't.

I don't think the fact that they're black has so much to do with it. If they were your average photo of a black nude model I don't think it'd be the same as a drawing of a stereotypical 70s black woman with a giant afro looking like she's part of a blaxploitation film.

Not that I don't think having those posters wouldn't be pretty awesome, personally. I can see how a black guest might find it a little rude, though.

• Members

^ and here we have it. Pictures of naked black women- racist if you do, racist if you don't.

Well, it isn't just black chicks, it's in relation to blackploitation, a genre known for raking in cash making crass, cheap stories about pimps, whores, and killing in urban environments. It may be seen by some as an ugly and tacky part of black culture, and some people may get the impression that this is what he thinks about black people, or that it's some sort patronizing, "irony" thing.

I wouldn't at all and I'd think it was flipping sweet, but it isn't simply a picture of a black chick.

Archived