X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon returns

anyone have experience with doing a return/refund with Amazon?  I bought one of those NES/SNES combo systems that have been made in the last few years and it doesn't play a few of my games, it's really ****************ty and one of the controllers it came with is broken.  

basically, i want my money back because I want to buy a legit SNES.  Am I going to get the $38 i spent back?

email them and try?

in the past when they've screwed up my orders (sent the wrong DVD) they just told me to keep what they sent and sent a new one or refunded the money. in general I think dealing with things purchased from amazon directly is easier than if you bought through a third party selling through amazon.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b><div align="center"><font size="1">we could be dangerous: art, as a real threat</font></div></b></div>

Comment

• Zappa74
      Zappa74 commented
      Editing a comment
      Amazon is pretty good with returns.

Request a return from the website. They ask you what's wrong with it and you just type in "****************in thing doesn't play games and the controller is busted".

After you fill out that form, they email you a return number and a paid postage stamp.

Slap that **************** on the box and mail it back to them. Once they receive it and judge that you were right, they refund you the cash.

It's simple.

Did you buy direct from Amazon or was it a marketplace vendor? If it was amazon, easy peasy as mentioned above.

If marketplace, that might be a bit more of a crapshoot - although I did a marketplace return a few weeks ago and it was handled really well. Under your profile you can look up old orders and there's a button to request a return. Amazon contacts the seller and the seller decides whether or not to authorize the return. If they decline the return you may be able to file a grievance with Amazon but I didn't get to that point with mine. You'll probably have to pay return shipping like I did.

Comment

amazon has a superb return policy. regardless if you buy it directly from amazon or a seller through amazon. even if youre wrong youre right as far as amazon is concerned.

Comment

• Urinate Forever
        Urinate Forever commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys. I think it may have been a marketplace vendor. I can't be sure though, it seemed like I bought it from a seller like eBay
    Working...
    X