Informal survey - Craigslist dead?

mlabbee

• Members

I've had a few items running on Craigslist for a couple of months now - absolutely zero response other than a few offers to trade (some fair, some bizarre). I haven't even gotten lowball offers . . . and I'm seeing the same items getting re-listed over and over and over again.  Is this a buyers market or have people just stopped going to Craigslist?  It seems really, really dead . . . 

• Members

I've had no luck at all lately. I've had a Lite Ash Tele, a Jackson USA Rhoads V, and a Japanese Ibanez S7420 trickling down in price for a month or so. Like you say, nothing but trade offers (listing states no trades accepted). I'm going to eBay them soon.

• Members

I find CL to be a very regional thing.

Some areas (like the Bay Area) seem to be very active...and their prices tend to be low.

Up where I live ( (western Oregon) the prices are high and the action seems fairly slow...lots of relists for MSRP items.

Where do yo folks live, approximately?

• Members

I hate to e-bay guitars, since shipping is such a hassle, but I think that's where I'm headed.  The funny thing is, if I sell my  guitars, there a a couple of things that have been up on CL for a while now that I will definitely be checking out . . .  maybe I can start the dominos falling :-)

• Members

CL is still well and alive, at least in bigger cities. its a bit of a down market in general right now with people still recovering from xmas shopping and stuff. Should turn around a bit in the next few months with tax rebates and spring and stuff

Archived