Boss ME5 patches

bcbelle133

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Voxshall

Hey Pink Jimi I can't open your ME5 settings are you able to email them to me please.
. I just got the pedal and hate going through the pain of creating a whole lot of settings.

i'll try dude, but generally GMAIL don't do attachments too well...

if they don't come thru, let me know, or go here to download a sysex zip (*you'll need a midi /computer interface anda program like midiox, an EXCELLENT freeware)

me5 sysex zip

there's a manual for it on my website, too, i believe it's on the "{censored}" page where this zip file resides..

good luck, keep me posted

• Members

Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

Oooh. These are not the factory patches.

There's a bizarre super-fuzz that's done with just the compressor and EQ, but if you play really gently it's totally clean, then turn up and it's approaching Fuzz Factory filth (without the squeals, natch).

uh-oh.....

if ALL the patches are bizarre like that, it's probably battery change time!!!

when the memory backup goes, them boss boxes tend to re-set themselves in some really wickedly strange ways...

that said, how's that patch set, anyways?

:D

one of my fav tricks is to crabk the gate way up with a nice long but faint echo with a couple repeats....

overdrive to taste....but the trick is the compressor...put the sustain on 7, the attack on 1 or 2, cut some of the highs and set the output volume of the comp at 4.5 or 5......

now turn your guitar down really far and bring it up slightly and play softly...you should be able to tease notes out sith vibrato abnd dynamics, before ya know it, you'll sound like you're playing backwards....once ya get that sweet spot!!

try it!:thu:

• Members

Thanks Pink I downloaded midiox openned your file and it's a number and letter matrix?? is this midi code for your settings or did I do something wrong.

So far I'm loving the pedal it sounds as good as individual boss pedals better than any mutifx but not as good as a tube amp. It's easyer to lug around than a tube amp so I can't complain.

• Members

Originally posted by Snowcow

Ah, ... nice to see people are getting into the good old ME-5.

Still used today by people such as Andy Scott and Nuno Bettencourt
:cool:

lol...been using them fuckers since they came out, boss, where you been?

=)

i think i'm on like number 12...LOL...i've turned alotta frinds on to them.

my first one i traded for a gibby edn1275...no lie (well, i also got 40 bux , and Hiro from Soundgarden's old mblue metalic ibanez, lol)

• Members

Originally posted by Voxshall

Thanks Pink I downloaded midiox openned your file and it's a number and letter matrix?? is this midi code for your settings or did I do something wrong.

So far I'm loving the pedal it sounds as good as individual boss pedals better than any mutifx but not as good as a tube amp. It's easyer to lug around than a tube amp so I can't complain.

you can get some crazy tube amp sounds out of it after you play with it enough,,.

the midiox files?

you mean the sysex?

what ya need to do is get a pcto midi interface...m-audio makes a decent one called a midisport uno or something for about 30 bux..

it plugs in the puter's usb port.

plug the

OTHER ends into the me-5's midi ports.

i forget, you may have to reverse the plugs from what you think they are...midi in may be midi out...it's be3en a while...

then make sure midi ox is launched.

read the me5 MANUAL.

if everything is hooked up right, do a bulk dump into the machine...

and save as ME5_Original.syx or whatever....

then you can load the sysex files you dl'd from me into midi ox and send them back to the me5.

i forget what;s in there, been a while..

all my me-5's seems to have different patches in them these days.

i often just edit up something when i need it for whatever occaision...after 15 16 years, it's pretty much second nature.

the zip file i sent ya contains the factory presets (ME5_FP.syx)

and one version of whatever was in my machine at the time...

i'll send ya a few more one of these days.

but you HAVE TO READ THE MANUAL!!!!

or i have to write out settings...and honestly, the odds of that happening are about as good as dubya getting REAL.

=)

• Members

There are some more conventional sounds in there too - lots of resonant noises based on a super-short delay.

I remember the reverbs being awesome on the ME-5 - have to have a play later.

Dot, can you send us a bulk dump or post a zip here?

• Members

Originally posted by pinkjimiphoton

here's what i got on my site at the moment:

oh, duh....

remember too, that my presets are for a situation where the analog {censored} is hitting the front of the map, and the digital {censored} is in the loop...

so it may seem a little weird.

god, i don't even remember which setup this was from, lol!!!!!

• Members

Oh, gawd, you want me to do MIDI stuff, don't you?

Do me an idiot's guide and I'll have a go.
:)

of shit... i had to open my big FAT MOUTH.

lol

gimme a day or two, i gotta hook up MY midi shit and try to remember what to do...it's been a while!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Members

No probs mister - one of my PCs has MIDI ports, but I don't know my way around the ME-5 well enough or have the software for the job.

I sold my first ME-5 some 10 years ago and have been kicking myself ever since. But this new one cost less than I sold that one for...

• Members

if ya have the ports, it's easy...just hook up the midi to midi....

all you need for sysex is midiox, google it, it's killer freeware...

then you can archive your patches and stuff, maybe even edit inside the machine if you feel geeky enough.

the manual of the me5 tells you what to do, it's pretty easy.

basically, once ya plug it in, ya hit a button, and it sends or recieves.

it's so easy i can't remember who come i can't remember!:freak:

but it's worth it...cuz then you can dump your patches from ANY midi machine and burn them to CD or whatever so ya don't lose them when that memory backup inevitably fails.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Comp:

Sustain - 7.0

Attack - 7

Tone - 0

Level - 5.0

Dist:

Mode - 3

Drive - 4

Level - 5

EQ:

-Bypass-

Chorus:

Mode - 1 (Chorus)

Rate - 4.0

Depth - 4.0

Effect Level - 7.0

Noise Suppression (Gate) - 7

Reverb:

Mode - 4

Time - 7.0

Tone - 5

Effect Level - 5.5

Master - 5

I tend to play this with the guitar volume down and with my left hand muting the strings up at the nut and tapping the strings with my right hand using my fingers, not a plectrum, gives a cool fade in, almost reverse kinda violining kinda sound. well worth programming into ur ME-5 ;)

• Members

Comp:

Sustain - 7.0

Attack - 7

Tone - 0

Level - 5.0

Dist:

Mode - 3

Drive - 4

Level - 5

EQ:

-Bypass-

Chorus:

Mode - 1 (Chorus)

Rate - 4.0

Depth - 4.0

Effect Level - 7.0

Noise Suppression (Gate) - 7

Reverb:

Mode - 4

Time - 7.0

Tone - 5

Effect Level - 5.5

Master - 5

I tend to play this with the guitar volume down and with my left hand muting the strings up at the nut and tapping the strings with my right hand using my fingers, not a plectrum, gives a cool fade in, almost reverse kinda violining kinda sound. well worth programming into ur ME-5
;)

hmmmmmmm....where have i seen this patch before??

;)

turn the attack to zero and you can use your finger attack to swell in...

the gate almost kills it, but once you open the gate, the comp automatically sweeps open, reversing the old envelope...

there are no new tricks, paddlebud!!

lol

i think there's me5 sysex patches on my website..

jimipocius.com//shit.htm

peace

• 3 years later...

Archived