Building a mute box with LED?

arcadesonfire

• Members

Hi folks, I'm trying to build a mute box. I've got this old BYOC booster project sitting here that I don't really need. So I can take out the guts and still have a 3DPT, mono jack, stereo jack, and LED. Is it possible to build a mute pedal--which won't make a pop when engaged/bypassed--with just these parts?

Can anyone offer instructions? Thanks

• Members

Thanks. i've got a lot of resistors and caps lying around. So thanks for the tips.

Do you have any advice where I should look to find an easy-to-read diagram for putting it together? Google hasn't quite gotten results. I've seen people on different forums giving different advice about little parts of the circuit, but I haven't found diagrams that show everything put together. Any ideas where to look aside from typing "building mute box" into google?

• Members

If you need to roll with a store-bought gizmo, there's this: 

http://www.ehx.com/products/signal-pad

Just turn the knob to zero. 

EHX signal pad

It would be super-simple to build one too. Just have the 'hot wire' connected to both the input and output jacks; run another wire from the 'hot' to a footswitch, then a contact from the footswitch to ground. When the unit's "on" both input and output will be grounded. 

Archived