X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a mute box with LED?

Hi folks, I'm trying to build a mute box. I've got this old BYOC booster project sitting here that I don't really need. So I can take out the guts and still have a 3DPT, mono jack, stereo jack, and LED. Is it possible to build a mute pedal--which won't make a pop when engaged/bypassed--with just these parts?

Can anyone offer instructions? Thanks

My band!:
    www.steelphantoms.com/
    my stage stuff:
    fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

You'll get a pop if you don't use at least a pulldown resistor and a cap.

Also, you'll need a current-limiting resistor for the LED, and a battery/snap.

You probably have most of the stuff you need in the boost-kit.

Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya'Good Deals with: Catalinbread, BR4D/MojoHand (via his retailers), sh333 (teh debbil)Not around much any more

Comment

• arcadesonfire
      arcadesonfire commented
      Editing a comment

Thanks. i've got a lot of resistors and caps lying around. So thanks for the tips.

Do you have any advice where I should look to find an easy-to-read diagram for putting it together? Google hasn't quite gotten results. I've seen people on different forums giving different advice about little parts of the circuit, but I haven't found diagrams that show everything put together. Any ideas where to look aside from typing "building mute box" into google?

It's impossible. Just give up.
    Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Mr.Grumpy
      Mr.Grumpy commented
      Editing a comment

If you need to roll with a store-bought gizmo, there's this: 

http://www.ehx.com/products/signal-pad

Just turn the knob to zero. 

EHX signal pad

It would be super-simple to build one too. Just have the 'hot wire' connected to both the input and output jacks; run another wire from the 'hot' to a footswitch, then a contact from the footswitch to ground. When the unit's "on" both input and output will be grounded. 

Attached Files

Working...
X