Boss ME-5 is awesome, but odd. Anyone use one?

• Members

I got this thing to be a more portable solution to carrying the 1101 and footpedal. I love the 1101 but I wanted another option. It's easily as good sounding as the 1101. Thing is, I wanted to boost the front end of a marshall with it as an overdrive. It's not great for that. It does sound great in the loop return of my marshall heads. It's also really good into a clean Fender or the clean channel of the TSL I have. Not how I wanted to use it but it's working great for what I need it for so I can't complain i guess. Have any of you used one? If so how?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Great you are using an ME-5 !

Few people realise that the ME-5 incorporates the classic BOSS pedal internals that are now vintage in their own right including the: CS-2, DS-1, OD-2, RV-3, EQ-1, CE-1, DD-2, BF-2 all together with a switchable Noise Suppressor that calms the proceedings. I have an all up-to-ate set of BOUTIQUE Patches in mine that gives me classic sounds such as:

Univibe, Vibratone, (and other Leslie effects), Rangemaster, Fuzz-Face, Tweed and driven Deluxe Reverb emulations, classic JTM45, Rockabilly, Bluesbreaker, 'Rectified' and 'Twang' - all classic tones in various states - and not modeled!!

You can get a set too and upload either via sysex/midi and your PC or manual input. See link below where to hear/get them.

http://boss-pedals.jimdo.com

Archived