Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any celebrity rigs with Multi-FX processors in them?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any celebrity rigs with Multi-FX processors in them?

I've read a lot of arguments on pedals vs. multi-effects processors and I was just curious if anyone has seen any of the major acts using multiFXs onstage?

There are a lot of big players that use POD Pros. Many of them use rack gear which is pretty much a big multi-effects processor.

Comment

Weezer used PodXT Pro on their last few tours... as Nitefly said, there are lots of other people who use those. Are you counting magic stomp?
      Guitars 1 2 3 - Guitar Board - Bass Board - Amps

The Official HCFX Good Spam Karma Thread

Comment

I know for a fact Justin and Beau from Saosin use G sharps in their racks and on the Taste of Chaos World Tour, they used PODs instead of hauling their massive rigs overseas.
        Good business with: echoes22, brianeharmonjr, antiochband, tsunamijesus, duncan, cakebakist, Anderer, bass_econo, talic, senor penguin and jamesreuter

SELL ME YOUR M9

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of Boss GT-6/8, Zoom G9.2tt, Tonelab SE, Digitech GNX3, etc. Floor multi-FXs.

Comment

No one really comes to mind with floor units. Most pros use pedalboards nowadays.
            Good business with: echoes22, brianeharmonjr, antiochband, tsunamijesus, duncan, cakebakist, Anderer, bass_econo, talic, senor penguin and jamesreuter

SELL ME YOUR M9

Comment

Most of those suck and most bands prefer the sound and simplicity of a tube amp head to a complicated floor processor.

Comment

Beck uses on of the boss floor units. So does Steven from the flaming lips.
                Originally posted by GuyaGuy this forum needs less bickering and more group hugs...Great Transactions With: Lorax, SeeMore, wednesdaysworse, themeanreds, Sh333, ohtheant, preservation, inscho, StratAtak83, boneman, sonaboy, ProjectX, Denizen_as, DracoAran, PurpleStrat, Belt, sa1126, comfortablynumb, chrismd465, skitzy, rydia is hot, missfortune, jimihalen, Dega500, brianeharmonjr, CicadaSilence, guitarchaz, ClickyClique

Comment

Weezer used PodXT Pro on their last few tours... as Nitefly said, there are lots of other people who use those. Are you counting magic stomp?

I saw Weezer in 2001/2002 at a small club using the PODs direct into the board, and they sounded like ****************.
                  check out my music

Good deals: PeelingPaint98, bennintexas, BTBAM, themeanreds, jmgruber, Keith SIO, Crxshdxmmy, curehardy, jeffmagnum, Corwin81, blackwater, phil o'keefe, sa1126, EvilSoup, treblekicker, zwtyo, sherwin, cmog, protoge x, shanetram, tweedbassman, CicadaSilence, Killing Nevada, needleTOink, griffstar, Sing Loco, neva, BluesBirdAAA, zygoat, ArrMatey, StopReferencing, Roquero_Latino9

Originally Posted by echodeluxe

oh man i jizzed when he busted it out.

Comment

• jordanjordan
                    jordanjordan commented
                    Editing a comment

orange worker wrote:

I saw Weezer in 2001/2002 at a small club using the PODs direct into the board, and they sounded like ****************.

I saw them about 2 weeks ago and there were no multi's that I could see. Brian had a crybaby, rat, DS1 (or maybe a turbo distortion, I couldn't see that well) and a holy grail. I think Rivers just had a ds1 and maybe 1 or 2 of single stomps. They sounded incredible too. 

Most of those suck and most bands prefer the sound and simplicity of a tube amp head to a complicated floor processor.

+1

I'd rather spend 250 bucks on a few good quality pedals than on a lame processor that half asses all of its effects

Comment

No offense but I just asked about artists who use them, not opinions of whether they "all suck" or not. That's a huge generalization, by the way. They don't all sound the same.

Comment

I've read a lot of arguments on pedals vs. multi-effects processors and I was just curious if anyone has seen any of the major acts using multiFXs onstage?

James Hetfield uses the TC Electronic G-Major
                    Originally Posted by Spacehog26

Sonic Maximisers are...the musical equivalent
                    of a turd polisher.

"This isn't 4chan you idiot"- anon.

Originally Posted by lfrz93

btw petejt,
                    is that you in your avatar?

Originally Posted by petejt

-----
                    My list of gear is here
                    Mesa/Boogie Mob

Comment

A couple years ago when Judas Priest got back together with Rob Halford I read an interview in Guitar World with KK Downing and Glenn Tipton. KK said he uses the POD live because he likes being able to easily recall the same sounds he used in the studio when onstage, and have it all handy. Might be useful because of their extensive back catalogue of songs and sounds. I still hate multi effects units, but I guess not everyone does.

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of Boss GT-6/8, Zoom G9.2tt, Tonelab SE, Digitech GNX3, etc. Floor multi-FXs.

will sergeant of echo and the bunnymen uses/used a gt 6 or 8 i believe.
                        OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

nuno bettencourt - old boss unit (Me-5 i think) he uses only the distortion.
                          Spam:
                          MI Audio Crunch Box- 100
                          Keeley RAT ... 120
                          Boss BD-2 (needs work..monte allums mod) - 40
                          Boss BF2 - 50
                          **ALL prices include shipping CONUS

Great Transactions: Blue Apple, Zachman, plawren53202, T-Rave,
                          Trendkill1168

check out my music at: www.myspace.com/mikemahalati

Comment

Working...
                          X