Pedalboard is full!

dkerwood

• Members

So... I've been doing some reworking of my board, and save perhaps for an EP Booster or maybe a new tiny amp channel switcher, I think my board is officially full.

Pitch black > JHS Mini Foot Fuzz > Boss V-Wah > JMK Compressor > Germanium Fuzz Face clone > Dano CTO-1 > MI Audio Blues Pro > Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde > MXR 10-Band EQ > EHX Freeze > EHX Small Clone > Line 6 M9 > Line 6 Verbzilla

I'm picking up a strange hum from the Blues Pro, which is weird.  The power is pretty nasty in my house, so it could just be that.

• Members

chrisjnyc wrote:

Yea, I would expect some hum with that many pedals...  I would suggest to lose the tuner and EQ pedal, and just use them in the M9 to open up some space

It's just when that one pedal is in the chain.  My next step it to rule out patch cables and try an isolated power supply to see if that solves the problem.

As far as pulling pedals off the board... well, I've tried and can't get the M9 to do it any better.  The MXR EQ is killer- I love maxing the gain and pulling the output all the way down... It just gives a nice punch to the sound when engaged.  And the tuner on the M9 is okay, but not visible enough when you're not standing right over it.  I do use it at smaller gigs where I just bring the M9 and maybe an overdrive, but I greatly prefer the huge display on the Pitch Black.

• Members

echodeluxe wrote:

I just ripped my pedalboard apart today.

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z300/foxestheband/?action=view&current=IMAG0213_zps9d2bcf58.jpg
target=_blank>
<A
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z300/foxestheband/IMAG0213_zps9d2bcf58.jpg border=0 alt=>

No sense having it all together when im not gigging. I'm working on an album.

Yeah, I only have my pedals on the board to provide some sense of order out of chaos in my music room.  :-)  The board hasn't left that room since we moved in back in August.

• Members

PKTrono wrote:

buying other pedals to free up M9 slots? i mean yes, always buy more pedals, but that seems a little backwards

Well, it's not so much to free up M9 slots... it's more to purchase effects that are superior to what the M9 can do or better suited to my needs.  Don't get me wrong, the M9 is awesome, but its models aren't always best suited for the sound I want, nor is it at all convenient to have to move between scenes on the fly when I want a certain sound.

Fuzz is the best example of this.  I tried a Maestro Fuzz years ago and hated it.  I wrote off fuzz for years after that, but when flipping through the M9 models, I was really impressed with the Fuzz Face model.  After playing with it for a while and accessing it more and more, I had the opportunity to make a trade for an analog fuzz- discovered some flexibility that the M9 couldn't quite match (especially interaction with pickup type, volume knob, picking dynamics, etc).  That ultimately led to me going from three dirt tones to six, including the two analog fuzzes.

If I can work it out, trem is probably the next to be added (if I can find the space).  I played with a Mad Scientist trem last year, and although the M9 gets close enough for now, it's not quite there.  :-)

Archived