Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good thing, because I post it a lot

nah......very professional sounding, fully considered... it has a clearly defined sound.

Comment

dear EHX! i want a Microsynth 2 with presets pls!
      Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

• hangwire
        hangwire commented
        Editing a comment

sparkfriction wrote:

and a footswitch to turn the filter side on/off the octaves side is nice by itself IMHO

Just get 2 Micro Synths, that's not so difficult

Comment

what?

like the Pog2 ??? i am confuesd now
        Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Used on the solo.

This. 75-7:18 slays me every time...sounds like atoms being peeled apart to reveal a hidden nucleus solo.

Do the reissues sound any better/worse than earlier larger enclosures?

Comment

The Dead Weather bassist Jack Lawrence uses it pretty much all the time.

MONSTERS LIKE CANDY Myspace
            MONSTERS LIKE CANDY Facebook

Comment

It's all over Siamese Dream.

THIS.

It's all over the new Birds of Avalon self-titled. It is really on display on the song "Invasion." If you own one/played one, it's sound is impossible to miss on that song (and on Siamese Dream).
              Good Deals With: Onyxrhino, theshoegazer, NewarkWilder, fuzzyoctaves, dwelin128, decode6, joesef

Trusted HCFX-er: xtoby44x

Fullscale'd defined!

Comment

Dean Ween keeps one on his pedal board. I know he has some "Square Wave Jam" stuff, but I'm not sure what album/live tracks it is on. I'll have to go back and listen.

Comment

I'm far from being a "big name", but I think my use of it is pretty damn practical:
                  http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=5906738

Sweet tune, bro. I really like the mix too. Did you use the MicroSynth for all of the filtery guitars, or just during the solo? Also, what are you using for delay?

Comment

Sweet tune, bro. I really like the mix too. Did you use the MicroSynth for all of the filtery guitars, or just during the solo? Also, what are you using for delay?

Not sure about your other questions, but I am pretty sure he used it for the bass lines (if I remember correctly). Big fan of that song.

He has a thread somewhere on here detailing the signal chains.
                    Good Deals With: Onyxrhino, theshoegazer, NewarkWilder, fuzzyoctaves, dwelin128, decode6, joesef

Trusted HCFX-er: xtoby44x

Fullscale'd defined!

Comment

Not sure about your other questions, but I am pretty sure he used it for the bass lines (if I remember correctly). Big fan of that song.

He has a thread somewhere on here detailing the signal chains.

For most of the song, I split the chain of one guitar performance - one direction using the micro synth, the other direction using a BOSS RV-3 and a PS-3. It kind of sounds like 2 guitars playing off each other's rhythms, but it's one guitar. I love using effects to do that kind of stuff. The synth pad stuff is a separate guitar track using the BOSS RV-3 and PS-3 and a Stereo PolyChorus.

The solo section is also a micro synth and a BOSS PS-3, just different settings.

Comment

Used on the solo.

I dont doubt this is the MS on the solo, but I couldnt get close to this sound when I owned one. It love to hear someone else attempt to recreate this, it really is one of my favorite solo sounds.

Comment

I'm far from being a "big name", but I think my use of it is pretty damn practical:
                          http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=5906738

sweet groove indeed hil:

did you record it all yourself? all the parts and vocals?
                          YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

sweet groove indeed hil:

did you record it all yourself? all the parts and vocals?

Thanks.
                            Yes, it was a solo effort, though i wish i had a band

Comment

I dont doubt this is the MS on the solo, but I couldnt get close to this sound when I owned one. It love to hear someone else attempt to recreate this, it really is one of my favorite solo sounds.

I managed to get it pretty much identical to the studio version with a Harmoniser, Big Muff and the MS. When he plays it live though the solo sounds very different.

Main thing is the Square Wave and Sub Octave with the guitar blended in, have the Attack Delay set just below half way and set the Start Frequency low from what I remember.
                              Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

Working...
                              X