TSR-12 Digitech help needed...

SteveGuit

• Members

Hey all,

I was looking for help on this months ago, don't think I checked here, so hope someone can help.

I have a TSR-12 that has worked fine for years and I'm hoping someone can share some kind of fix with me as I'd hate to not have it working.

Just recently it (and I know this sounds ridiculous but it's what's going on) has a faint sound of a drum loop just a few beats and a crash cymbal, so like approximately one measure) in it along with when I feed guitar or whatever else through.

I run many different things through any of the gear I have including the TSR-12 and at some time I probably ran a drum machine through for using the reverb or flange or whatever. I don't remember if this problem would have popped up right after that but now whatever program I switch to it's silent (if I'm not playing guitar or whatever) and as soon as I play anything you hear the drums as if it's playing back a sample at reduced volume (and reduced quality). Then if I stop playing you just hear that drum continue until I switch to a new program, then no noise until I play guitar again (or send any signal through) and up pops the drums again.

Nothing having to do with how it's hooked up had changed but even so I triple checked everything in the patch bays. It is not in an effects loop or send/return or anything, just guitar -> TSR 12 -> amp.

I've tried powering down and back up.

The TSR-12 never has been hit with too hot a signal, everything before that is comp/limited.

I did a reset by holding down the "name" button and clicking it on, then when the asterisks showed (which was right away) I hit the "up" program and that did nothing. That was in some forum to do a reset.

This is happening in every single stored program, not just the one with the 1.5 second sampler.

Any ideas? (and don't suggest I buy something else please).

Thanks in advance.

Peace,

Steve

• Members

Thanks,

I did a reset by holding down the "name" button and clicking it on, then when the asterisks showed (which was right away) I hit the "up" program and that did nothing.

It does the sound on all patches or programs even the ones without the sampler, but I'll try recording silence and see if that does it. Good idea there.

Oh, I also pulled out the battery, no good there either.

Thanks Fractal,

Peace,

Steve

Archived