OT: So, my wife and I are going busking tomorrow... Advice?

AidyCM

• Members

I had to leave my job last month because my physical and mental health have got into a vicious circle and, as my wife is Canadian and we're still having to apply for her spouse visa, I can't sign on. So, to make sure we can pay our way and make the quota to make the visa people happy, we're getting creative! My bassist and I are making pedals soon, but, in the meantime, t'wife and I are going to be the cutest busking duo in the world! I'll be guitaring and singing, she'll be playing a tambourine, shaker, cowbell, etc... and the strings of my heart. love.gif

What can we expect? Any places that we should visit/avoid? What are the popo/jobsworth council wankfaces like about it?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My problem with busking is that on the rare occasions when I have cash on hand I would rather not pull out my wallet or a wad of cash on the street in front of people... especially in a big metropolis. I'm sort of paranoid like that.

If I were busking, which isn't out of the realm of possibilities, I would hand out business cards to drive business to my website.

I would take requests for songs they'd like to hear and let them know that it will be performed the next time we meet at that location.

I would find a location somewhere scenic so that people would want me in a picture with the surrounding environment adding to the local charm. If I find that people are taking photos with me in it, then you might have your wife come with a smartphone and walk around offering to take the photo, then immediately send it to them via email. In your email signature, be sure to include your website link to drive more business to it.

idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

My problem with busking is that on the rare occasions when I have cash on hand I would rather not pull out my wallet or a wad of cash on the street in front of people... especially in a big metropolis. I'm sort of paranoid like that.

1354647236277.jpg

Archived