Blakemore ROUS ?

gambit

• Members

how good is it ?

interested to hear how it compares to a big-box Rat.. or any of the others in fact..

does it have more bass to it? would it suffer if it doesn't have the mini-switch on it?

(also, Blake, any news on that Small Stone inspired phaser that was discussed a few months back?)

• Members

thanks.

i was hoping for more responses (from the seller on ebay too), but just took the bait on a decent price for this one before anyone else nabbed it:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NFgxNjAw/z/LS4AAMXQzB5RBX0T/$(KGrHqZHJBIFBI3+3cfgBRB(0TPJng~~60_3.JPG

i like the idea of the dual high+low pass filters, but not sure what the use of the texture knob - i've had a few variants and modded Rats and i reversed the Ruetz mod on my big-box reissue.. didn't really like it.

the ebay ad says it has a dry/wet mix but from the one's i've seen which have that, they have a knob mounted on the side of the pedal ?!

also, no mini-switch for diode switching or whatever.

we'll see.. i'll get a decent mic'd demo of it done vs my Rat. if it's a keeper i can break close-to-even selling off the Rat

• Members

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I haven't been able to get my account back here yet, so I haven't been on in a few weeks.

Urinate Forever, just curious, but how do you have the EQ knobs set when you say it doesn't have enough output? Both of those knobs are cut knobs, so all the way clockwise should be your base tone, and then you back them off to cut frequencies. If you've got the EQ knobs set up at noon, that would explain the lack of output.

And Gambit, as for the Rat that you bought on ebay, that's a slightly different design from the ROUS. If I'm remembering right, there is a clean blend in place of the texture knob, but it still had the two band EQ? There might be some other tweeks to the circuit. That was a custom job before I even started thinking about the R.O.U.S. though. The one with the clean blend on the side was Texas Noise Factory's though, but those two are the only two Rats I've built with clean blends, if I remember correctly. Also, like you saw, there's no option to change the clipping diodes on there.

Once you get it, let me know if you miss any of those options. I don't think it would be too terribly difficult for me to mod that to add the clipping options, and increase the bass, if you'd like. :thu:

Archived