Reload this Page Power supply for boss gt-10

• Members

So i picked up a boss gt-10 that came with the default Roland PSB1-U adapter however i have an adapter I've been using with my standard 9V DC pedals. I would like to use my current adapter with the boss just for the simple fact its more compact and less bulky. I have checked the specs and the boss only draw 800mA and my current adapter has 1100mA; other than that all the specs on both these adapters are identical.

Just because the Roland has an figure 8 cable style adapter and what looks to be a large transformer mean that the other adapter won't work with the boss gt-10? I haven't tried using it just because i don't want to ruin neither the pedal or adapter. Below is a pic showing the two adapters. thanks in advance!

sl4hzr.jpg

• Members

Both are 9vDC center negative, so assuming the GT-10 only draws 800mA and that the plug fits, it should work.

awesome. i was just a bit iffy because the Roland adapter it comes with it seems very important because it is so big. I mean if they can make an adapter that's half its size/weight why wouldn't they y'know?

• 1 year later...

Archived