X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four out of five stars or 4/5 or ****

Let's get serious for a second.  All pedals aren't created equal and we should be rating these things at face value instead of hype.  Every pedal is not a 4/5 like a P&W CD! 

To get OVER a 3/5 rating a pedal needs to do something that no other pedal in its cateory does.  For instance - Don't tell me this new light/medium over drive is the BEST because it's touch-sensativity and blah blah blah.  It's just another tube screamer variate like JHS, klon, tim, or timmy.  

I have owned all the hype pedals from time to time. From light overdrives to expensive fuzzes and delays and $500 reverbs.  They don't make you play better.  They just don't.

I have found that my $29 MIT Boss SD-1 is more consistent, reliable and EVEN SOUNDS better than any other fancy overdrive I have owned.

So just stop.  Right now.  Put down dem stars dawg.  Cause they ain't that good! 

Eat it.

I agree, one of the biggest hyped pedals of the moment on TGP is the..... 

mini bone, buyer beware!

Comment

• goodhonk
      goodhonk commented
      Editing a comment

this thread is 1/5 tops.

OD-3 ****************s all over the sd-1
    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ Oᶰᶜᵉ<br><blockquote><hr>Robopimp wrote:<br>Chat crüe is srs crüe<hr></blockquote><br>For Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3<br><br>Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

• BrentMpls
      BrentMpls commented
      Editing a comment

macadood wrote:
      OD-3 ****************s all over 

gross, maca

^ first part of that statement you got right.

Comment

my ds-1 didn't sample very well, so i bought an mpc
      nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• AimmarCair
        AimmarCair commented
        Editing a comment
        Klon gets a 5/5.

None moar hyped.
    Working...
    X